Posts by CakeIstryByRhea

I don't think I have enough time to do a ganache since the cake is due early tomorrow morning.. So a stiff buttercream icing as glue for the broken pieces or all around the cake once I glue it together?? Thanks for your help....
Hi there... Ok.. So I think I didn't wait long enough for my cakes to cool and when I took them out of the pans the cakes broke - both along the edges... If I use frosting to "glue" the cake together will it collapse under the fondant???? Any suggestions??? Thank you!!
Just wondering if anyone has tested and tasted a great dairy free cupcake recipe, both chocolate and vanilla. Frosting too please. Eggs are ok apparently!! Hopefully someone out there has a proven winner!
Terrific suggestions!  Thank you!  I a just going to have to do the cookies over two or three days because of counter space AND drying time.   I will try that Super Black.  Flooding cookies is a new thing for me so I am still learning - I will have to look for a video tutorial on that one...
Hi everyone,   I have been asked to do 200 sugar cookies flooded with white royal icing and then a black logo on top.  My questions are:   1.  Any tips on how to make black royal icing without it tasting bad?   2.  When I last did something like this I flooded the cookies then had to use a toothpick to even out the icing on EVERY cookie which took FOREVER.  Is there a better technique?   3.  I purchased these bottles with tips to put the royal icing into so that I...
:)  Thank you!  So - I ended up filling with the pastry cream but the family was not thrilled - they said it wasn't "typical" for me,.... haha... the cake was waaaaay too dry and the pastry cream didn't help.
the cake is just for us - so would you recommend placing a thin layer of buttercream before adding the pastry cream?
Hi Everyone!   I have a vanilla bean cake cooling right now and I am pretty sure I overbaked it so it will be dry.  I was thinking that maybe if I use a pastry cream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting  it would combat the dry texture BUT I am concerned that the pastry cream may actually make the cake soggy....  Should I maybe do a thin layer of buttercream against the cake as a barrier or will that taste funny?   The vanilla bean cake is a lighter spongier...
HAH!!!  I am about to make the call to the customer.  I think I will ask her to pick it up and keep it in her fridge.  I just don't have the room to accomodate the cake for an entire week in the fridge. My kids are having a hard enough time keeping away from it right now!   And I a buying another fridge for the garage for cake stuff!
Thank you so much for the advice everyone and so quickly too!  It is such a shame when we spend soooo much time on these cakes and something like this happens.