Posts by t1tanpsl89

I work for walmart, our 2 tier cakes come in their own box, the top part is iced on a cake board then slide onto a plastic thing that has columns that actually go into the bottom cake layer. I have yet to have anyone come back and complain about their cake not holding up. : ) Honeslty, I havent done a 3 tier yet. the one I did the lady wanted it square (which i wasn't supposed to do but did anyways, in which i put holes into the cake boards where i would put the dowels...
I actually have been asking around! I live in a little country town, where walmart is really the only place to buy anything so ill have to get one Thursday, along with more butter lol. everyone says the mixer is the problem. but yeah the recipes ive gotten seemed so simple. and i cook box cake just fine(mostly everyone does lol) so i figured this would be a piece of cake! (excuse my pun)
I Amount  Ingredient4  Eggs2  Cups Of Sugar2 Tsp  Vanilla Extract1 Cup  Milk4 Tbsp  Unsalted Butter2 Cups  All Purpose Flour2 Tsp  Baking Powder1/4 Tsp  SaltDirections325* / 350* Pre-Heat Oven Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean**Milk and butter needs to be melted, recommend this to be made first so it can be added semi warm**1. Mix in mixer the eggs with the vanilla extract for 5 / 7 minutes until have a volume.2. Add sugar little by little and mix...
Im a cake decorator at a department store, im wanting to try stuff at home and first wanted to break away from the premade icings and box mix. but the past 5 attempts have left me feeling helpless.Ive tried TWO icing recipes one tasted amazing, but i cant get it to thicken up even AFTER adding over 3 cups EXTRA of powdered sugar. It already had 3 cups in it, and the only liquid was 2 tbls of milk. and the butter was ice cream consistency so it wasn't liquidy. so here it...