Posts by carrascoshannon

Awesome...thank you!!! 
So the last time I made a vanilla cake with a fruit filling the cake turned to a bread pudding like consistency.  No bueno.  Not that is was the filling's fault...I actually found the refrigerator door open a tad and I seriously think the humidity got to my cake (I'm in FL and it was 95 degrees in June).  The next time I made a vanilla cake I used a dulce de leche filling and the door to my refrigerator remained shut and the cake was perfectly fine :)   However, now...
Goreti...those are ADORABLE!!!  I really need to step up my game :P    Good luck with the cake endeavor, OP!!!  Can't wait to see how it turns out :)
Thanks Ellavanilla!!  I didn't even think to use a spring form pan!!  Perfect...thank you!
That's a good idea :)  I have two refrigerator/ freezers, so I can definitely utilize one just for the cake!! 
lol!  OMG...I have to exercise some serious willpower to not eat a ton of everything I make.  I think my first step will be to just make the ice cream and get it to the consistencies I want it ??  And learn how to work fast with children running around me so that the ice cream doesn't melt the second I start to assemble or frost :/    I think it's going to be tricky...lol.  But I appreciate the good luck...I'll have to post again if I manage to pull it...
My daughters love Lalaloopsy!!  I don't know which would be better...probably fondant as gumpaste tends to get really hard.  In my experience (and I don't have a lot, so please take this with a grain of salt), the gumpaste also cracks a little bit, whereas the fondant tends to stay smooth looking.  I've made decorations up to a week in advance out of fondant and they held up just fine.    But perhaps someone with more experience can weigh in for you.  Good luck!!  I...
I'm new here...this is my first post.  I'm an amateur cake maker...I mostly just do it for fun and because the local bakeries wanted an arm and a leg to make the cakes I had wanted for my daughters...I now understand why...it's a lot of work !!  But I do enjoy doing it :)   Anyway, I received a Kitchen Aid for Christmas and also the ice cream maker attachment for the mixer.  So now my creative side is screaming ICE CREAM CAKE at me and I can't turn it off  ...