Posts by deb68

What a brilliant idea wtagrl! That's what I worry about when transporting them in a large flag box like that, especially with the large cupcakes. The clear plastic containers for cupcakes can get too expensive to use all the time.   I love this website and all the neat tricks I have learned. I will definetly use this in the future.
Thanks for sharing your recipe ItKittyKat! I have been trying numerous vanilla type recipes and some of them end up tasting like corn bread with a dry texture. I can't wait to try this one.
Kakeladi, After reading numerous posts in the forum I see that I was using a tweaked version of your *original WASC* recipe and found in a comment the suggestion of using coffee instead of water and using 2/3 cup cocoa in place of the flour. I went back and found your *original WASC* and it doesn't call for oil. I have been wondering what does the oil do and does using sour cream replace the fat you would get from the oil?
I went and looked at your recipe and the one I was using is pretty similar.   2 boxes cake mix, 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 8 egg whites (used whole eggs for chocolate cake), 2 2/3 cup water, 4tbls veg oil, 2 cups sour cream.   I have generally used BC cake mixes (chocolate fudge) but this time I used the BC devils food so I may try to chocolate fudge and use your recipe.   On a side note, if you are baking an 8" should you bake only one layer...
Thank you Icer101! I think I will try this recipe and see how it goes. It makes me nervous thinking the cake will be too dense and seem more like a brownie than a cake. I have been getting more into baking cakes and this will be my first tiered cake and since it is for a wedding I don't want to disappoint.   That is pretty much the same recipe I had gotten from CC except someone had posted to use cold coffee instead of the water, use 2/3 cup cocoa powder and 1 1/3...
This is my first time posting in the forum. I love reading all the questions and repliesand have learned so much!! I am so impressed of how many of you provide input.   I am pre-baking and freezing cakes for a wedding next weekend where the tiers will be alternated with the chocolate WASC and vanilla WASC recipe.   I baked the original version in a 14" x 2" pan and it baked beautifully (I used the entire batter mixed). On the 14" pan I did not use a flower nail...
I have seen some posts on the forums about Shirley W's Faux Bavarian Creme Recipe and one stated she is no longer on CC.   Does anyone have the recipe? I am looking for a non-refrigerated mousse that can be used as a cake filling.