Posts by cakechic87

How can I make the lines on a buttercream cake, like the photo I attached? Maybe a decorating comb? If so, where can I get the comb that was used on this cake? I tried looking up combs on amazon & global sugar art, but there aren't many to choose from. Or did they use something else?  
I added candy melts under the figures bottom (sitting straight on the buttercream icing) & behind it where it touched the polka dot on the top cake. The figure & the dot are the only things that came off of the cake. I don't think adding a skewer inside his bottom, into the cake would make that much of a difference because if a heavy medium sized fondant figure sitting on a soft buttercream cake is going to fall off it can still pull that stick out with it. There's nothing...
I recently made a 1st birthday cake & smash cake for someone with a gum paste figure sitting on top of the bottom cake (on the ledge next to the top cake). One of the legs of the figure was hanging down the side of the cake & the rest of it's body was was on top. Well, I made the cake the evening before & there was plenty enough room for the figure & I had it "glued" to the cake with some candy melts. The cake sat in it's box, in a cool dry room over night for pick up...
Someone sent me a photo of a buttercream wedding cake that is all white with a white bead border & some medium sized silver dragees on it (looks like maybe 8mm). She said her colors are purple & yellow & that she wants those colors somewhere on the cake. From what I see, the only option is either to do the borders in those colors or the dragees because that's all that is on the cake. My question is... do purple & yellow dragees even exist? What about edible pearls in those...
Thanks everyone! I found them on Sugar Craft.
What are the exact lace molds on this cake called? And where can I find/buy them?  
Where can I buy that exact stencil? I've tried looking on Global Sugar Art but couldn't find it.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. What kind of stand mixer does everyone use to make their buttercream icing, ect ? My Kitchen Aid stand mixer just broke! It's a red, 5 quart mixer. I paid over $300 for it on amazon. It's not even 3 years old & it's already broke. I wasn't paying attention (in a rush trying to make some buttercream) & forgot to lock the bowl in... the bowl started spinning around & then before I knew it, the paddle wouldn't spin anymore....
How can I do the scroll pattern that's on this cake? Do I need to use some sort of stencil? Or do I free hand it? Or is there some other way?  
How do you make the vine pattern on this cake?   http://i57.tinypic.com/taswgo.jpg