Posts by freakymama23

Beat 500ml thickened cream till soft peak. Add I packet of white wings choc pudding mix. beat gently till combined and thick add 100grams of melted dark choc. mix through. So easy,sooooo yum
I too use fondant( sugarpaste) and tylose powder and in the same ratio that you do. I keep shortening next to me so that if I feel that the mixture is drying too quickly I just mix a little into it. My pieces are always firm and hold shape but would possibly break if they were dropped or put under undue pressure. I am in Australia and depending on the humidity my gumpaste dries at different rates.Kylie
When I make my flowers etc. I use fondant and mix it with Tylose powder ( as advised by the experts at my local cake supply store). I recently did a cake for a workmate -about 2 weeks ago-and today she bought in the flowers that she had taken off it to keep. Her once pink flowers have lost just about all their colour. The extras that I have at home are fine. Any ideas on why this may have happened to her flowers?She said she is storing them on paper towel in an air tight...
When I make my flowers etc. I use fondant and mix it with Tylose powder ( as advised by the experts at my local cake supply store). I recently did a cake for a workmate -about 2 weeks ago-and today she bought in the flowers that she had taken off it to keep. Her once pink flowers have lost just about all their colour. The extras that I have at home are fine. Any ideas on why this may have happened to her flowers?She said she is storing them on paper towel in an air tight...
Maybe place some clingfilm over the surface and lightly press some heavy grade sand paper against it?
I buy ready-to-roll fondant (Bakels) and mix in tylose powder as advised buy my local cake supply shop. Easy to work with and does what I need it to do.