Posts by MoniCakes7818

Hi, So I have a question, I'm an at home baker striving to do "BIG" things LOL. Anyway I usually bake my cakes in the wilton pans or equalvent and as you know those are about 2" deep I then usually tort that 2" cake and then cut it down the middle and fill etc etc. anyway I've been watching some classes on craftsy.com and noticed on one class that the instructor had 1" cakes all nice and even. She mentioned that that's how she bakes them. Now I my question is... Does...
I was wondering...... where do I find out about trade shows in my city? I live in Chicago and would love to go to one. I was told that you can buy products at a discount which would be amazing. I would assume that some are open to the public and that some are probably private. and if so how do you get on the list?   does anyone know of a website or something like that that would post this kind of information?   thanks. -Moni
haha no worries I'm loving all the feed back on everything. I too am using Satin Ice but sometimes i feel like it's too soft or prone to tare. I just ordred some Fondx so hopefully that's better. (fingers crossed).   Thank you all for the feed back on the rolling pins. I did get a little discouraged with price and don't think I can bring myself to spend $50+ on it when the one I have now is doing the trick. I am however going to try the step stool. :-)
Hi All, I was in the market for a new rolling pin. I work a lot with fondant and have been seeing a lot of "tutrial" videos that are using a "Sil-Pin" that's the silicone cover pin. I think it's super cool and would like to use it, but wanted to know if you recommend an one over the other. I'm currently using a plain wilton 20" one with no handles, but it seems like the handles would be easier to use once i have no more "arm length" LOL   Any imput would...
Hi All, I have a question. I have a lady at work who is wanting to order her daughters 2nd birthday cake from me :-) she's given me more than enough time which I love... (Party isn't until October 5th) but she's asking for a cake decorated like this (see picture). I've never worked with anything like that. I immediately thought it was wafer/ rice paper. but i just want to make sure. Can anyone help me out? What is it exactly? where can I get it? and how much do you...
Hi, Sounds like you're going to have your hands full! So I'm no expert but i know you can make the flowers well in advance as long as you store them properly and packaged well you should be able to pull it off. Also i dont know how much time there is between the ceremony and the reception but, I would tell your sister to have the the bakery deliver the cake earlier than needed that way they can set it up and you can come in a hour or two earlier to put the flowers...
Hi All, So I got a new fridge for my cake "studio" and it's amazing. It's a double door stainless steel Love it!!! only problem I have is that I can't put my fondant cakes in it becuase it's makes them all gummy! why is that? I've tried regulating the temp but I'm not sure if i should turn the temp up or down? I can put them in my regular fridge and they are fine, but this one is not doing what it should. It keeps all others good and fresh. Anyone else heard of...
Thanks so much FrostedMoon. you just made my life easier!!! I will definitely be using these tips. 
Hi all,  so i have to make these sugar cookies for a friend and to be honest i've never used royal icing. I did make a batch and did some animal faces so let them dry so that later i can put them on a fresh flooded cookie. It looked great but she wants 50 cookies! so that's going to take me a super long time. I was wondering if i could use fondant to ice them? would it stay soft or would it harden up? and if I do use fondant do i attach it with butter cream or with...
they are soooo pretty good job! I want to practice now too! hehehehe!