Posts by Closs

That's a possibility. But with regards to websites ChloesCakes is already a respectable website. Unless I hold off buying a website until I open up shop, and advertise myself directly through social media?
I see what you mean. Most people imagine this when they hear spatula don't they (even though this is a fish slice):     Other ideas were Chloe's Cakery and Lick The Bowl/Spoon but these names are already taken under .co.uk URL's (I live in the UK so don't fancy a .com address) Chloe's Creative (Cakes/Cakery) but each time I hear the word creative I like it less and less (which doesn't make sense I know) I feel if something is creative you don't need to say it is, based...
You nailed it on the head there with that last one, and it's partly why I wanted to get my name in there, so people could shorten it to just Chloe's for referencing :) I like Spatula but not Spatulaz, you've given me something to think about though with trying to make the name even shorter and sweeter. So thanks ^_^
Hey everyone,  Figured I'd ask here since you're all pro's with this kind of stuff. I'm looking to name my business and I've asked friends and family and narrowed my choices down to a few. I wanted to anonamously ask here what the first things that pop into your head hearing the names and seeing the logos (really shoddily made just as a demonstration, these wont be the actual logo, I'll do some variations off these ones).  So I'm just looking for what your initial...
Thats ok I thought of that the other night actually but thank you. Your help has been fantastic, all of you ^_^
I just downloaded the excel file, it's perfect! Thank you for putting the time into making that for people like me who have no clue ^_^ And yes Irene's advise was amazing as well. I'm so glad that I actually got some replies!
Sounds fab to me Thanks!
I never thought of using Excel, that makes so much sense though. Will definitely do it like that Just one last question, it may be silly but when I'm multiplying the ingredients when I get to things like the eggs for example (lets take the chocolate cake) you said the 12" tin is 2.25 of the 8" tin so times the 2 eggs in the original recipe by 2.25 = 4 and a half eggs. how would I do the half an egg? just use the egg white or the yolk? or would I round that up to 5...
I have stacked a cake before when I helped my aunt to make a wedding cake so I understand that I need to use dowels between the layers. I will be putting the fondant on each individual cake and put in the dowling then transport them in separate boxes then once I am at the picnic I will stack them. Don't worry I have done my research into all of that, it was just the ingredients needed for the different sized cakes that I needed. Thanks for the advise, I will be sure to...
Hello cakecentralI'm a post grad photography student looking to make my way into the cake business as I've always had a passion for baking things, often bringing basic cakes and cupcakes into class just because I enjoy doing so. Now that Ive graduated I want to kick it up a gear and be more explorative with cakes. My girlfriend and I are going to an orchestrated concert at the Royal Albert Hall in November and a large group of people who are also going are meeting up at...