Posts by t8ergrl

I recently bought the Wilton alphabet cutters (the small ones for fondant).  For the life of me I can NOT get these little thingys to work!  What am i doing wrong?  They stick inside the cutter and the only way I seem to be able to get them out is to push something through the cutter (like a small paint brush) to push the letter out from the inside of the cutter and then it is all misshapen and I can't use it anyway.I use marshmallow fondant - could that be the trouble? ...
I have been using a generic mix all along - still 18.25oz (get it at ALDI's) so I don't think it has anything to do with the size - they just sink in the middle - this is something that never has happened before - but this is the 1st chocolate ones I've made. The white and yellow mixes turn out great.
the centers are caving during baking. I've coked them extra time - they are done when I take them out (toothpick comes out clean and touch test also confirms) when i level the cakes it seems a bit 'doughy' in the middle but fully cooked.I usually use sour cream in my white cakes but today I used vanilla yogurt. I'm not sure if it's the yogurt or of it's chocolate cake vs. white cake.I usually bake at 325 degrees and it generally takes a lot longer - but they have never...
I'm just getting started and so far all of my cakes have been white cakes but I've got a couple chocolate ones coming up for some birthdays. I doctor a mix with sour cream and pudding mix usually this time I tried it with the same brand of mix, added the other "doctoring" to it and 3 out of 5 of the chocolate cakes fell in the middle! What should I do to remedy this issue before I need to have the cakes ready? They are only for family but I want to give them the same...
I'm looking for a chocolate or fudge flavored butter cream recipe that is fairly dark in color but more especially can stand up to making decorations like roses, etc. I didn't know if I could just add cocoa to my regular butter cream recipe along with some butter flavoring (the recipe uses Crisco only) since the recipe I use for my regular butter cream works well for decorating. I want something I can use the VIVA method for. Every time I stray from my regular recipe...
Thank you!
I had this recipe and made it back in August but now I can't find it - can't find it in the recipe section or anywhere else. It was the BEST MMF I've ever had :/
I'm looking for a chocolate royal icing recipe and can't seem to find a good one. I was thinking of just adding cocoa along with the powdered sugar but wasn't sure if I'd get the flavor and nice brown color I'm wanting. Thanks
I'm looking for a chocolate royal icing recipe if anyone has a good one. I thought I might just add some cocoa with the powdered sugar but wasn't sure if it would dry as well. Any help is appreciated. BTW - I don't have a scale and don't use metric measurements. Thanks
These are sharp on one end but I was going to cut that end off instead of the flat one. They are not bamboo either. I think are the same wood as an actual dowel from a craft store i just didn't know if they were too small in diameter or not. hope they work and Thanks for all the replies!