Posts by TEsplin

Thank you so much! This really helped me!! I told this customer I would try, and am now excited to "try." Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Tracey
I have a customer (also a BYU alumni - as on cake attached), who is asking me to make a similar cake to the one attached. This cake is on cake central but I am having difficulty locating it to ask the artist how she did this technique. The cake I am making is going to be a beach scene, spiraling up to a lighthouse and I am very confused on how to make the spirals. I have looked at several pictorial tutorials which demonstrate the toothpicks, but could someone please walk...
Thank you so much! Do you know how I apply them to get the circle as well as cover the top to get one continual sleek look? I really do appreciate it. Tracey
I have a bride who is looking for a cake with the camo put on the cake the same as this cake copied. I am looking to see if someone can please help me know how to do this. I really do appreciate the help.   Thanks! Tracey ***This cake is not my creation, but the bride would like the camo to fold over and cover the cake, with the same camo design, as this cake. Thanks!
If the customer is adamant about having the whipped cream frosting, do you think it is possible to freeze the cake after decorating and have them thaw right before serving?
I have an order for 2 black forest cakes tomorrow, that have an hour drive. I have just finished making and frosting my fourth cake and am in trouble!! I have the cakes to where I love the taste, however I cannot get my frosting nearly thick enough to where the cakes will make it in the car drive. I have tried a cool whip combo, and three other heavy whipped cream recipes, all adding powder sugar, and one adding powdered sugar and vanilla pudding. None of them are nearly...
Afternoon everyone!! I have tried over 15 different buttercream recipe variations over the years, and I have one recipe that a absolutely love, and that my clients rave almost ( it is almost pure butter), however it is terrible for covering cakes. There are tons of air bubbles. I have another recipe that goes beautifully onto my wedding cakes and other cake orders, however I think it tastes terrible. So, I am wondering, does anyone have a buttercream recipe they use that...
But how hot is too hot? It seems a lot of her guests are saying it was not too hot to have the cake out, and that it should have been put in the tent to begin with. I just know that if I were to book the same wedding again, I would do the exact same thing still.
I have a huge wedding this past weekend, where I had done everything but beg the bride to cover her buttercream cake in fondant to help protect it. The wedding was in south eastern VS, which is extremely humid. The wedding was outdoors, in a covered tent, without fans or cooling. It was 88 degrees outside. At the reception they were having a formal sit down dinner, which was to last 1 hour, and then the cake cutting. Th bride, groom, and I all decided it would be best for...
I am looking for all 4 of the wizard of oz cake toppers and can only locate Dorothy and the witch. Does anyone know where I can get these for a cake? Thanks! Tracey