Posts by DriksBride

Hubby and I were both thinking it takes times and a lot of practice to get those crisp looking edges. He is very into baking and is back to the man I met and married, so I will support and help him in this as much as I can (without taking over, lol). Here is the shower cake from this weekend.http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y308/drkswifey10/DSC_0004a.jpg[/img]
My husband and I have slowly started getting into cake making more as a hobby to combat his PTSD. He did my baby shower cake this weekend and it was very yummy and everyone loved the look of the cake. However, both hubby and I thought it looked very home made and not professional. So we wanted to ask everyone how you managed to go from the home made look to a more professional look. What we mean by this is the sides and top are straight and flat.EXAMPLE: (we did NOT do...
My husband is decorating the cake for my shower but I am baking it. Usually I like a nice moist chocolate cake with raspberry filling. However, I am going to color the layers in several shades of blue so I need cakes that are lighter in color. The cake will be 3 or 4 tiers so I can easily do several flavors of cake. So far the two that stick out to me are a lemon cake and a chai cake. I also have a good vanilla butter cake recipe. Any other ideas? Would some of these work...