Posts by amberanderson

I did one just a couple weeks ago and it was a huge hit! I used the Wilton ball pan for the breasts and a pyrex bowl for the belly and it turned out great! For the foot I molded the flat part out of fondant and then did the toes seperatly and attached them with piping gel and allowed it to dry. I then dirty iced my cake placed a fondant belly button in the middle and the footprint in the desired spot then covered the whole cake in fondant and made sure to form the...
Hello all my amazing baking friends! I was recently called by the Health Department and told that it is illegal for me to be making cakes, cake pops, cupcakes, ect from home and selling them without having a Cottage Foods license. So I am now in the process of trying to get it. I am looking for any kind of advice, tips, ect that you can offer. I am in Washington State and have all the rules and guidelines, right now I just need some feedback from others like flowchart...
Thank you so much for the tips I can't wait to give it another try tomorrow
I prepped the dummy cake with piping gel and am using the Wilton rolled fondant.
I prepped the dummy cake with piping gel and am using the Wilton rolled fondant.
So... I am so close to crying right now. I am trying so hard to get this cake thing down but can't even seem to get the fondant on the cake!!! I am using Styrofoam dummy cakes so I don't have to bake a bunch of cakes while I am trying to learn. When I put the fondant on first it wants to crack coming off the top corner then when I am trying to get it to stick to the sides it just wants to wrinkle and crack and fall off Any advice would be hugely appreciated