Posts by eatmycakebaby

I agree, it almost sounds like royal icing
I use this recipe that I learned form a teacher in my high school.   1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup Crisco 1 tbsp. vanilla 2 tsp. butter flavor 2lb powder sugar. 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2-1 cup of room temp. milk or water...   it crust really well and taste really great.... if you use milk it will cut some of the sweet.
it looks to me as if, while transporting it was not sitting level so the cake was moving a little bit more that it should and it started to slide....   #THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE NOT YOU!   I wouldn't have given them any thing back.  Looking at your picture and the picture they took the gumpaste man has a broken leg.  We all know that stuff is as hard as 3 bricks so there's not way all the stuff that went wrong went wrong without some HUMAN INTERACTION.   sorry it happen...
Hi cakers,   I seen this recipe online while searching for a good tasting pound cake recipe... So Im wanting to know has anyone ever tried this same recipe or anything similar to it.   It kind of weirded me out, because I've never seen a cake recipe where the eggs are mixed in last like the liquid.      Recipe below   HELP   Haniela's Velvet Vanilla Pound Cake    1cup(226grams) room temperature butter 2 3/4 (550grams)cup sugar 3 cups (420grams)cake flour...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUAt7TfI_H0   I used this box and I made it for like 3.50.  Those tiered cake boxes you order off of sites are very expensive.  However I do love Pam's Idea
Its used to prove you are who you say you are. You also have to provide with it a copy of two forms of ID such as social security card, passport, and or state and local ID or drivers ID
NOOOOOOOO DONT REMOVE THEM!   lol the all caps is serious, but if you remove them half you will lose the hot air that's going to make them DOME.  After your 5 minute timer goes off just turn the oven down to 325 and let them finish baking.  I normally do about 6 minutes at 375, when Im doing batters  containing sour cream, heavy cream, cream cheese, or butter milk.  I find they don't dome as easy as my other batters and I think it maybe because they are...
Good question!  Well if you are referring to the dome mine weren't doming either, so I read on here in a post to bake at 375 for 5 minutes than 350 the rest of the way.... IT WORKS AWESOME!   I now start all my cupcakes out at 375 than I turn the oven back down to 325 for the remaining 13-15 minutes.  " 325 is a personal choice of mine it seems to leave more moisture inside of cupcakes"
Mine is like 15 years old and I use it twice a week.  However I have never had it to overheat or act crazy........ I thought that was the beauty of kitchenaid was it never stops.