Posts by LizzieAylett

They'll be fine, if you keep them covered and away from sources of heat.
Also, if you want them to fit the curve of the cake, then you need to dry them on a matching curve or else the edges will stick out.
Do you have any metal skewers?  I would suggest you use that to bore a hole into the set chocolate, and then put your wooden one in with maybe a little extra melted choc to hold it in place.   Or else just place the bamboo stick along the back of the set chocolate and cover with more melted and tempered chocolate.
I know that over here you can get rice paper that looks like money for not very much cost at all.  It's available in most sweetie shops, or there are lots of options on ebay (search rice paper money).  Just wrap one sheet round a cylinder of fondant, and there you go!
It really depends how big a cake you want - then you can scale it from there. 
Nanny, would it be possible to make your cake a cooling tower which is wearing the rugby shirt?  A bit out there, I know!
Gerle,  I love using modelling choc for things like this where I need lots of little bits of different colours.  It doesn't harden up irrevocably like fondant or gumpaste, so what ever doesn't get used for the current project can be stored for the next time.  A little warmth and kneading, and it's fine to use again.  I also like the taste much better - it's more like eating a sweetie than a bit lump of sweet rubbish.  Also, it is much easier to get a smooth finish, and...
I had just one cake to do this week, for a friend's son's first birthday.  She wanted a Raa Raa the Noisy Lion cake and I have come to realise that I really don't like doing cartoon/childish designs!  She wanted a cake she found on Pintrest, so I pretty much copied it:     I made all the decorations from modelling chocolate - my second batch, as I threw my first batch (made with 1kg of chocolate) into the bin when I was doing a clear out, thinking it was hardened up...
Dinosaur?
I was impressed too by all the ways this guy used chocolate :-)   Another chocolatey option would be to use modelling chocolate.  I'd probably wrap it round a wire just to make sure it stood up properly, but it should end up nice and smooth and even.