Posts by throwingsugar

Look my problem is that the cake is not baking properly, I understand who their target is but I promise you if a "regular" mom buys this new mix and takes it home thinking she is going to make some cupcakes for her kids, she too will be standing the kitchen crying at the mess! The difference is she is going to think she did something wrong or think she can't even make a simple box of cupcakes for her family. ave no problem with the smaller size I have a problem with the...
anytime I need icing to be a little stiffer I add some gum tex. Sorry I can not give you an exact measurement, but I usually make 2lbs PS , 1 cup butter, 1 cup shortening, 4TBSP milk and then add a pretty good dash of gum tex (about a palm full). I do this when I want a really tall crisp finish to the icing on my cupcakes or if I am adding touches like grass or fur to cakes and want a stiffer icing. I have never noticed it to change the flavor. But you can not let the...
I just got off the phone with Pillsbury and they told me they have not had any complaints. Then proceed to ask me if my oven was working properly and if I knew how to make cake. I told them I made the new cake mixes which did not turn out right, so I pulled out the 1 box I had left of 18.25oz and made it and everything was fine, same day, same oven, same, eggs etc. I hope I did not break any rules here but I gave her this website and told her it would be in the companies...
you can not just add the 3 oz back into it, they have changed the formula of the mix inside that box, the cake is not coming out right at all! To may air holes, to thick, and a bad after taste! Call the company and complain they need to hear for all of us so we can get the good pillsbury we all grew up with back! I can not serve this crap to my customers, I am sitting here looking at 10 layers of cake that is falling apart and tastes aweful! Not sure what I will be doing...
So I guess the smaller box just hit shelves in our town, I have been using Pillsbury for YEARS! I have a big cake for tomorrow and I am sitting her looking at layers and layers of cake that is not edible! My husband is driving all over town looking for the 18.25 oz box but there are none to be found. I contacted the company and they took my information but I am not sure they really cared! I don't even know where to start at this point from what I can tell the other...