Posts by ladyhawke917

Is this a gift, or is she paying for it? If it is a gift, just explain to her that you would like to gift her with a cake of your design to go with the theme. The burlap them is rustic, so show her some pictures of the rustic iced cakes. Some of those are gorgeous! If she wants to pick a specific cake outside of your current comfort zone, then she can pay for someone else to make the cake and you can get her a different gift. If she doesn't get it, show her the website...
For the chocolate, if there is no access to a microwave, I would suggest a small crockpot.
Could you start with just "Chloe's Cakes" and then add the Cafe when you open your shop? I love the name Chloe's Cake Cafe, but if you are starting from home, it doesn't really fit.
I too am thinking about giving this a go as a small side-line. My big thing has been in thinking everything through and being sure that this is something I can do and something I want to do. For the can do part: can  you get cakes to turn out tasty and good looking every time? If you work a full time job, scheduling a cake can be tight enough without having to do multiple re-bakes because the cake isn't turning out right (too dry, too moist, won't turn cleanly out of the...
I am just a  hobby baker, but I did a 4 tier cake for my best friend's sister for her 40th birthday. My friend said her sister loved lavender, so I did the tiers in lavender colored buttercream and had 40 ivory buttercream roses spiraled around the sides. Two of the tiers were chocolate cake with regular buttercream, then the next to smallest tier was chocolate cake with lavender white chocolate mouse filling and the small top tier was lavender cake with the lavender white...
What about gelatin shapes covering the cake? Possibly even en-cage it with small battery operated lights nestled inside to make it glow? Not sure I am explaining myself well. Good luck whatever you decide!
I am not a professional, so I don't know how good my advice is, but I would think pricing per serving would be easier for a customer to understand, rather than saying 10x8x6 for example. The average layman would probably have no idea what that even means in cake terms, but they know they want a cake for 50 people. I would say either set a price per serving like you have for the wedding cakes or put the number of servings next to the cake size. Just my thoughts. Very nice...
Those are so gorgeous Goreti. I can only hope to make something that beautiful one day. Lots and lots of practice in my future!
If you have a GFS near you, they might have them, or perhaps a restaurant supply store.
Thanks for sending. And all I can say is Oh My!