Posts by milkmonkey

Thank you that was my first ever cake and was a surprise for my son who turned 9 so was doing it in the morning while he was in school and hiding the bits. Had never done modeling at all with fondant before so it was a labor of love :-)   my other son would love any AVP cake LOL
I kind of have to comment here about this:-) I live in house where I am the only girl so of course most of my cakes (I just bake for fun for my family) are masculine. My husband in living in another country at the moment and when he tells people about my hobby he shows off my first fondant cake which is a Assassins Creed cake for my sons birthday. And of course the people he are showing are men and they are all amazed.    Of course I love to make butterflies and...
I eventually went to bed last night at midnight..... I was up modeling some Easter fondant figures for a friend. I don't charge for the stuff and I am purely a hobby baker and do it for my own stress relief. I got a poppy cutter on Friday and just couldn't wait to try something with it so I used to to make a Lilly pad for a frog I made as well.    I have two boys and they are now at a age where they want to buy me a mothers day present and next Sunday is mothers day...
I should let the original poster tell you the correct way to make this because I am very new to this and its just a hobby....   But I was testing out baking in a pyrex bowl I bought.... (long story) and had left over butter-cream which I covered the cake with. I stuck the kit kat to the butter-cream and I used some left over ganache on the top and then popped in piggies on top. 
not as good as yours... but this is mine I made last night... I am new to this and its a hobby....    
How amazing...... I made one of these tonight..... 
I made a gift for a friend last weekend and dropped into her house..... on Thursday another friend asked me to make two more fairies so I am busy with that.    My Goddaughter asked me to make horses so I have made two of those and baked some brownies and lemon drizzle cake this week too.
In South Africa we have a lot of slang too:-)   Thanks I will give it a go:-)   I have only ever done red velvet once and it was a box mix because it was in a friends house and didnt have all the ingredients to make from scratch.... I did it as a parting gift as she and her hubby love it:-) BUT I am wondering if a wicky wacky cake recipe using red wine vinegar would be any good, you have probably tried it but I thought I would ask anyway:-) 
I still so new to fondant and I am working on a fairy cupcake topper, I don't charge for anything and its purely a hobby. I am leaving Ireland soon so I am just messing around with fondant right now and not baking many cakes:-( I am doing the fairy because a friends little girl will turn 1 soon and I wont be here so I want to give it to her to 'give' to her daughter on the day. I don't know what she is doing for a party if anything or what theme she is having so I...
My first Fondant cake I did. I am still Very New to this.