Posts by Shanghai

I for one does not like shortening in my buttercream frostings as well, I do have a recipe for white chocolate buttercream frosting that you might wanna try...Ingredients:3 large egg whites at room temperature3/4 cup sugarPinch salt1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces at room temperature4 oz white chocolate, melted and slightly cooledProcedure:In a large, clean heatproof bowl combine egg whites and sugar. Set the bowl over (but not touching) simmering water in a...
I use only two brands of butter Lactantia ($5.99/lb) and Selection ($3.29/lb) but bare in mind that these are Canadian products..... So some of you might not be familiar or have never ever heard of any of these brands but if I have to choose between the two it'll have to be Lactantia as it is creamier and smoother....
Asian fusion cupcakes....Cupcake MirageCupcake therapyOr "Kek Sedikit" (little cakes in Malay) I hope I said that right if not please correct me....
Found this recipe online hope it helps yeah"...... Let me know how it turns out http://www.food.com/recipe/mango-cake-102221
I think it's safe to say that matcha green tea is the safest one to use when it comes making a green tea buttercream frostingTry this recipe and see if you like it or notIngredients1 1/2 (about 6 ounces) sticks unsalted butter softened2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar2 tablespoon milk1 tablespoon matcha green tea powderUsing an electric hand/stand mixer on medium-high speed cream the butter with one third of the sugar until well blended. Add in the remaining sugar one-third...
Kakeladi truly made a great suggestions on how to do it, but make sure that your buttercream is at room temp as well before doing so. I myself will definitely try what she said crumb coating the cake PB first...But I do have this recipe as well that I've used a few times now and I wanted to share it with you guys as well...Chocolate peanut butter frostingIngredients:3 cups powdered sugar 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 2 teaspoons vanilla 1/4 cup milk (or more if needed)3...
I'm just speaking from my own experience cos there was a time were I tried to use water instead of milk and it did not come out right for me it turned out exactly as I've described it in my last post and yes I was making it from scratch sorry if I offended anybody...but if any. Of you ladies have a cake recipe that uses water instead of milk that worked out perfectly pls do share it with me......thanks!!!!
Yes! Milks plays an importanr role when it comes to baking, as it is gives the cake more flavor and helps keep it moist and stable. Using water instead of milk is a big no no in baking, but if what you're looking for is a dense, hard and flat cake then go ahead and use water......You can definitely substitute milk with any of these non dairy products like rice milk, almond milk, soy milk and they all come in different flavours as well to satisfy everyones tastebuds
U're welcome!!! Glad I could help in some ways!!!
I have this basic buttercream recipe that I use all the time and so far it works perfectly for me....pls do try it and let me know about the the outcome...Ingredients3 large egg whites ( room temperature)3/4 cup sugarPinch of salt1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces at room temperatureMAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS*****Procedure*****In a large clean heatproof bowl, combine the egg whites and sugar. Set the bowl over ( but not touching) simmering water in a sauce pan and heat the...