Posts by kazita

http://www.******************/hirash3lbs.html the 3 containers for $30 plus shipping is a really good deal.. I pay $13.50 for a 3 pound tub of it at my cake supply store and that doesn't include having to drive an hour away to the store to get it. Onething to remember if you get hooked on high ratio shortening is that if you need it when it's hot outside and have to buy it online the supplier has a disclaimer that they are not responsible if the shortening melts during...
I read up on the company Bunge I believe what you have is a non-traditional form of high ratio shortening it does say that bakeries use there product but I'm not sure if they are using it for icing anyways if its the product that I read up on you might be able to still use it for buttercream but it has no trans fat in it you need to add fat back into it thus comes the heavy whipping cream hopefully that works if not than we need someone else here to chime in with any...
On the website I gave you she is making half the amount of everything in other words my recipe is double hers and she uses water I use heavy whipping cream it makes the buttercream even more creamer and she says not to mix it along time I whip the heck out of mine again making it light and fluffy. If you have problems icing your cake go to the same website and watch her video on how to ice a cake. Let me know how things turn out
Here's my buttercream recipe 2 Cups high ratio shortening 2 teaspoofuls butter flavoring 4 teaspoons clear vanilla extract 20 teaspoofuls heavy whipping cream 2Tablespoonfuls meringue powder 2 pounds name brand C and H powered sugar sifted I mix or beat with the paddle all the liquid ingredients I do this at medium speed for 2 or 3 minutes. I turn the mixer off and add the meringue powder I turn on low and mix for a minute I add the powdered sugar a cup at a time on...
Like I said on the other thread one way of getting around credit card theft ( ITS A PAIN IN THE BUTT TO DO ) But you can n go with a preloaded credit card it cost money to put money on it but at least they can only get to the amount that you put on it and once they fill your order don't leave a large amount on the card... I'm not sure so no quoting me but I thought that I read in one of the threads that if you call your order in to GSA that they didn't have a credit card...
Global sugar art website has had credit card tampering problems
Ok this is a Jason question where are you Jason?
I remember a thread on here where the couple were at a tasting and the bride to be asked if the baker ever froze cakes before hand, the baker replied after the tasting you tell me...I thought yeah how did that cake you just ate taste? My wonderful mother in law works with several woman she has no second thoughts of calling me and inform me that she needs a birthday cake for such and such due the next day...ok let me drop everything just for you
There is another thread going on about the same thing
Ok I just went into a long rant on another thread about ordering online it wasn't CK but I'm quickly becoming wary of ordering online. I'm not sure but I thought I read in one of the threads that they didn't have a problem with GSA when they called there order in But I might be wrong? I guess one sure way of dealing with GSA is to use one of those preloaded credit cards you load it up once than use it, it cost something to preload it but in the long run it would be worth it