Posts by kazita

I don't know what Sunday diner is so I'm unsure if you can buy high ratio shortening there or not. Do you have a restaurant depot anywhere close by you ? They sell it at those stores or a specialty cake supply store would also carry it. It shouldn't be to hot as of yet to buy high ratio shortening online and have it shipped should be ok.
Damn you're good...This is true this is gonna be GREAT for your business! ! I also want FREE cake!!
Roflol!!!!
Can only find them for $5 cheaper www.jenniferdontz.com/Scroll-Set-Modern_p_93.html
In my chocolate cakes I put a nice thick dam than I actually buy hot fudge sundae topping made for ice cream. I first put a thick dam of buttercream I than take the metal lid off and place the topping in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it spreadable , I put a thin layer of the topping on and spread it out to all sides of the dam. Its very yummy and good being cold if you put your cake in the frig. HAPPY BAKING
Lmao!! Yeah they won't be getting a high off the shortening ....to funny.
I found out about high ratio shortening through Edna De la Cruz I use to use crisco now that I've tried the high ratio shortening it is like night and day between the two and I too think butter is just to rich, I've also tried buttercream made with butter and I just didn't like it. I think high ratio shortening is getting a bad reputation just because people hate crisco and the two don't even compare. I did want to buy the shortening in the 50 pounds but yeah I don't...
You can make Buttercream using high ratio shortening not crisco . Thats what I use. He's awful picky isn't he.
Each to its own but butter is unstable in the hot summer months that are coming.
You can buy high ratio shortening in 3 pound or 50 pound sizes you can buy it at a cake supply store or a restaurant depot or online. If you buy it online its best to do it before it gets to hot so that it doesn't melt during shipping. slice-heaven.com/store/show/HRS77320