Posts by TheItalianBaker

sorry, no idea, I don't freeze cakes covered in fondant..
Why should someone buy a dummy? O.o
I will! I have a couple of weeks to go so I'm going to double check Who I need to talk too without get anybody upset
True but the hotel I work for hosts conferences and company parties mostly. I think I saw only 2-3 weddings in 1 year, so the exec. chef of this hotel might not be interested (I'm very sure about it, he is very old style, doesn't like changing..).The exec. chef of the company has a global vision and the CEO knows for sure what's the agreement for the wedding planner service they offer (just to mention one).I feel I need to know how they work with other people, I don't want...
I'm writing everything down so I can be ready!!I think will be more convenient for me to have them include a cake in a wedding package, maybe 5 different design, colors and flavors to pick. Updates on request and charged on the side. Cake tasting included!Who knows, let's see what happens..Good luck to you for your new position! What kind of service does your company offer?
Totally right, but I also was thinking not all the brides might want to go with me. There are several bakeries in town, I think many brides usually get their cake outside the hotel, that's why they are not offering the service now. They might have already a list of vendors, so I could just be added. I will discuss about it too..I can handle only few orders a week, let's say 3 big orders, after that I will need help, no doubt!I've been working for several restaurants and...
We actually have an exec. Chef for each hotel and an exec. Chef of all the company, I think I want to talk straight to him because it's a deal I want to make for all 4 hotels. I will approach soon the CEO asking for a meeting with her, the chef and who she thinks should be involved, I'll bring samplers as well.. Hope it will work, they are very interested in new ideas, usually! If they want a commission I will need to raise my prices, $3.50 for buttercream and $4.50 for...
Hi everybody!   I don't know if I ever mention it but, beside working for a bakery, I work as pastry chef for a 4 diamond hotel downtown my city. This hotel belonge to a company that owns 3 more hotels around here and they have MANY weddings. Last year they had around 150 weddings in just ONE hotel!   So, after getting my business license and everything I want to approach the CEO and the executive Chef of the company and see if they want to have me as the preferred...
mmmmhh.. yes I saw it last year in Colorado!
Well it's too late now, she kinda kicked you out.. But I can't really stand people like this, they are doing it wrong and they get mad if you try to take them back on track! That's ridiculous! How much was your profit working with her? I hope you didn't lower your price too much! Also, coffee shops are always a good spot for your consultation, I would only make cake tastin to go so the brides can sample everything at home. It feels weird being at Starbucks and start...