Posts by ch5964

Hi CraftyCassie,   I'm not super thrilled...will be a nervous wreck hoping and wondering if cake makes it safely.. But Bride is aware of the many potential issues..Will keep you posted; keep fingers crossed!! LOL!   Cathy
Hi Nerdy Baker ( love the name:) )   Your idea is right on; in my opinion. It is exactly what I am going to do. It is only 2 tiers; will assemble, stack, put on a slightly larger cake board, decorate and freeze those bad boys. It should not slip in the car ( I hope not anyway!)   Luckily, it is is a very simple design; just worried about the heat and the bouncing in the car for 6 hours. Bride is aware of the dangers; says she has an Aunt that can help when she gets...
Hi Everyone,   I have a simple 2 tier BC wedding cake to make this week. The Bride will be traveling with it for 6 hours until her destination. I will box and separate the tiers. I have told her I would freeze the cakes and that she will need to have a cooler filled with ice to keep them cold.   Here are my questions: How to properly freeze iced and decorated tiers for transport? What should I use in cake boxes so tiers do not slide around in box?   Hope that made...
Hi Linda   I watched part of Jessica's tutorial . But did she use modeling chocolate or fondant??    Thanks so much   Cathy
Good Morning    I have a wedding cake to do in May and Bride would like the middle tier( 8" square ) to be a yellow chevron over buttercream.   What do you all suggest for creating the Chevron pattern?   Would you use fondant wax paper method; or sugar sheets?   And for those using sugar sheets; can you recommend sheets that do not crack? The last ones I used cracked horribly instead of melding into the buttercream.    Thanks for your help :)   Cathy
Thank you Godat.. that's pretty much where I am with this :)
Good Morning   Ok I am having a bit of a nightmare with a potential client. We originally discussed having a half sheet ; 2 layer cake for her daughter's grad cake.I priced it correctly; and then she said she thought I had told her my cakes were $ 1.00 per person ( ummmmm not so much!)   So she originally agreed to a half sheet at my pricing. Now I just received another message that she wants the half sheet shaped like a book with pages; and a scroll and a grad cap,...
I think my favorite is " How much do you charge for a standard wedding cake?"  No other info such as .... how many people are we serving? What type of a cake etc.....   :)
Thanks SPCOhio.... I will need it ! LOL
Hi SPCOhio   Tried to steer her in a different direction.. not happening..lol The Girl wants Pink; and the Boy wants Orange( or this is what Mom wants :)   She also wants such a small top tier ( 6") but wants 4 candles on either side of the top tier for each child to blow out. Sooooo no topper going on on this one.   But the pearls are a wonderful idea! Bling for the Princess and Treasure for the Pirate.I like it!   I also love your cut in half cake; adorable! But...