Posts by smile22

Hi all I need a good moist chocolate cupcake recipe that will make 24 cupcakes I am filling them with a ganache and doing a two toned buttercream on top Cherry hot fudge drizzle and sprinkles My last attempted at a chocolate cupcake from scratch had the cupcake tasting like a biscuit So lately gasp I have been using a boxed mix adding pudding and sour cream but they come out dry and I noticed when you remove them from the liners they don't stay firm and crumble Looking...
My rehersal dinner for my wedding is on Friday I have time on Thursday night to make 36 cupcakes for the dinner. I am going to do my oreo cookies and cream I make a vanilla cupcake batter and put in crushed Oreos into the batter. For the buttercream I normally crush finely the Oreos and mix it in but I wanted to color the buttercream a turquoise to match the wedding colors. My question is do you think that with the oreo crumbs in the blue buttercream will it look bad I...
i need to make 36 chocolate lollipops i have these wedding cake lollipop molds that i am using. i need to also have a little extra chocolate on hand in case some of them don't come out or break during the process.   i usually buy a 2 1/2 pound bag of merkins melts when i do my cake pops but i wont be able to get to the one store that sells them where i live so i have to go to michaels and get the 12 ounce bags of melts.   i am not sure how many bags i would need they...
Ok thanks I could probably get more out of it of I did a swirl but I am doing roasets. I was thinking of adding a sugar flower in te center would it be to much with the Rosetts would just some pearls in the center look better
so i am making next week about 35 cupcakes and frosting them with a raspberry buttercream   the recipe is 16 tablespoons unsalted butter half cup of seedless raspberry jam and 6 cups of sifted powder sugar   i want to make rosetts should i make 2 batches of the buttercream or will one be enough for 35 cupcakes
Ok thanks for the recipe
i took a wilton decorating class the first one to brush up on my skills i mostly work with cupcakes so usually stick to various methods of swirls and designs on the cupcake using the piping bag. we learned how to make drop flowers using the 2d tip and leaving them to dry out. what we used was just a  buttercream  icing  to make them i used the wiltons recipe but did a 50 50 blend of shorting and butter. but the flowers didn't come out.   we are doing cupcakes for my...
i finally got a chocolate melter for christmas the wilton one. and i only used it once to make truffles but i used store bought morsels the ghardelli kind but chocolate did not melt thin and it was a hassle     this time i am making a large amount of cake pops i went to the local supply store and got some merkins white chocolate melts and some candy coloring. I have not used merkins melts in a long time and when i did i used the microwave method. but that was a few...
so i mostly do cupcakes but i started taking some wilton method cake classes at my local craft store so i can learn how to decorate a cake, i have my own methods of making buttercream but of course wilton has a recipe they swear by.   anyways this weeks class i have to bring in a cake and make some of there recipe buttercream as we are going to learn how to ice and decorate it.     the recipe calls for 1 cup of shorting 4 cups of powder sugar and clear imitation...
so this is the usual gnache recipe i use to fill cupcakes but i also want to use it to drizzle on top of my buttercream but my issue is my gnache is always on the very runny side. i would love it to be a little thicker for also drizzing   i use 1 cup of heavy cream 16 oz of bittersweet chocolate ( i buy ghirardelli brand)     place heavy cream in a saucpan on medium high until it boils pour over chocolate mix until shiny     does anyone have any tips or tricks to...