Posts by smile22

Ok thanks for the recipe
i took a wilton decorating class the first one to brush up on my skills i mostly work with cupcakes so usually stick to various methods of swirls and designs on the cupcake using the piping bag. we learned how to make drop flowers using the 2d tip and leaving them to dry out. what we used was just a  buttercream  icing  to make them i used the wiltons recipe but did a 50 50 blend of shorting and butter. but the flowers didn't come out.   we are doing cupcakes for my...
i finally got a chocolate melter for christmas the wilton one. and i only used it once to make truffles but i used store bought morsels the ghardelli kind but chocolate did not melt thin and it was a hassle     this time i am making a large amount of cake pops i went to the local supply store and got some merkins white chocolate melts and some candy coloring. I have not used merkins melts in a long time and when i did i used the microwave method. but that was a few...
so i mostly do cupcakes but i started taking some wilton method cake classes at my local craft store so i can learn how to decorate a cake, i have my own methods of making buttercream but of course wilton has a recipe they swear by.   anyways this weeks class i have to bring in a cake and make some of there recipe buttercream as we are going to learn how to ice and decorate it.     the recipe calls for 1 cup of shorting 4 cups of powder sugar and clear imitation...
so this is the usual gnache recipe i use to fill cupcakes but i also want to use it to drizzle on top of my buttercream but my issue is my gnache is always on the very runny side. i would love it to be a little thicker for also drizzing   i use 1 cup of heavy cream 16 oz of bittersweet chocolate ( i buy ghirardelli brand)     place heavy cream in a saucpan on medium high until it boils pour over chocolate mix until shiny     does anyone have any tips or tricks to...
so next november i am going to rent a table at my church fair, i will be selling fudge, truffles, cake pops, chocolate covered oreos, and a few other misc chocolate items. i like to plan things well in advance so i can be well prepared   my cake pops i already know how much to charge since i have sold those in the past.   but with my fudge i am not sure what i should charge it will cost me around 6 dollars to make a tray of my chocolate fudge.  in a 9x13 pan   my...
i have a deep freezer would that work for freezing them i have never frozen a cupake before and i would love to ship some out to my family in pa i get the plastic clamshell boxes but cupcakes fully frosted in them insert a lolipop stick into freezer then how would i ship them from there?
i have cooling racks that have sides on them so they stand up and they are not lying flat on counter. 10 minutes for me but i spray and i dust with flour. 
so i am working on a apple spice cupcake a spice cupcake filled with chopped apples topped with a caramel buttercream i wanted to dice some apples and candy them on top of the buttercream but every recipe i find is for a whole apple to be candied.     does anyone have any recipes for diced or sliced candies apples or any suggestions
i need to make some blondies for my church fest bake sale. what is the best pan to use i want thick bakery style squares i have a 8x8 pan and a large retangular 9x13 cake pan i got at the craft store and use those often but they dont come out like i want them to.