Posts by Pattycake12

I have hesitated to just buy the regular liquid at the grocery store because I heard that it can make the cake taste bitter. Apparently that is not the case. I will experiment with both suggestions . Thank so much
I currently use Wilton no flavor red food coloring for my red velvet cake. I need to find out where to buy this or a similar brand in larger quantities for my bakery.
I am having a problem with my Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. I add fresh lemon zest to the frosting at the end. I am finding the zest seems to break down the frosting making it a little more softer than I would like. How can I make adjustments to keep it firm
Yes my state has a cottage food law. I have a license and believe this will benefit me as I don't have to have the MAJOR expense of a storefront right away. However down the road a store is a realistic consideration. However I would like to build customer base before I expand into a store. I have a big beautiful kitchen in my home. As time goes on I will have to get another fridge and a bigger mixer etc but I am doing good with my space and equipment so far. You make...
Yes I do have a business plan. I will have to make adjustments as I go along My price is a tad lower than my competition but my product quality is top notch. We bake our cupcakes using local produce, farm fresh eggs and top shelf chocolate etc. I have a beautiful website with professional pictures of the cupcakes. We deliver for a reasonable price and I still make a profit. My competition have stores and their prices are higher. They bake a certain amount and when...
Running my business out of my home has it advantages but also is a challenge in letting folks know who we are and what we do. My marketing plan has been to visit all local business and introduce myself with a sample of my cupcakes, menu, biz cards I have also thought of local fairs coming in the fall because of the large crowds. I have joined a local group for women in business to meet others and get ideas. I will visit local farmers market to see what is being sold...
The Reynolds brand fit perfectly and I am looking for a 2 x 1 1/4 size. I will check those websites out. Thanks Again
I am having problems finding a good white cupcake liner. I am having a problem with them being spread out when I put them in the baking tin. When I fill them with batter they fold at the top of the cupcake leaving a messy unprofessional look. It seems that I need something that will hold its shape like a glassine/greaseproof liner. Does anyone have any suggestions on white cupcake liner that you like?
I find this really strange and was wondering if anyone else had this experience. I bought a new jar of the Wilton Red Food Coloring to tint a buttercream red. The color I got is salmon. I ended up using the whole jar. My bowl is about 12 cups of buttercream. I even tried adding 3-4 drops of the liquid color. Now I have a bitter taste and still have salmon frosting. Any suggestions on what brands you like?
I am currently doing a little testing and freezing my batters and frostings. Thus far I have noticed my american buttercream a little more loose after taking it out of the freezer and lightly whipping it. Though I did not whip it tons it could of just been a little too much because of the freezing process and rewhipping it. I like to have my buttercream a little stiff so it does not melt and look bad on the cupcake.As far as the batters go I am very careful when...