Posts by Dezzie4383

I really didn't mean to start a firestorm. I was just looking for where I might find referrals for cakes. I can easily find the larger bakeries on Google, I'm not saying she wouldn't use one of those, just that it might be nice to have some options. I also didn't mean to imply that smaller/illegal/hobbyists always charge less or undercut or that legality wasn't a consideration or that SIL wants to take advantage of someone. Good grief! I put in my original post that she...
Thank you for those who posted with help. Yes, I did try googling it. I was just hoping maybe there was someone on CC who was or knew of someone who was maybe a home-baker. Of course I would want to see their work, but I know that when I freelanced cakes, I didn't really advertise them, it was just word-of-mouth. Since her budget is relatively small, I thought perhaps someone who wasn't a big bakery (and had less overhead) might be able to be more within her budget. That's...
I posted yesterday needing someone in the Oklahoma City area to do a cake for my SIL's wedding, but I think my post was removed. Where would it be appropriate for me to post asking for cake-rs in specific areas of the country? I understand I may have posted in the wrong place, just hoping there is such a place on CC for me to be able to find someone quality who may not advertise! If there are any other websites that might be of help, I'd be so appreciative if someone could...
Hey Ladies/ Gents of CC! My sister-in-law is getting married in October (the 6th, actually) and needs an OKC caker to make her wedding cake. I would love some recommendations if you can! She's looking to spend about $300 on a simple, buttercream 3-tiered cake to serve 100. I think she's pretty negotible on design, maybe even on the 3-tiers. I think she'd also like to do a groom's cake, though she has less of a clear idea about what she would like for that, and that's not...