Posts by DaisyCakesbyMaddi

So going through forums there's about 80 different answers about freezing cakes. I happen to have 2 cakes due this week 3 days apart (and both chocolate) so this is a good time to figure this out once and for all. Today is Monday I have a cake pickup on Thursday and Sunday. One is a 3 tier cake and the other a small single tier + 24 cupcakes. I hope this helps everyone out, as many answers as possible please, and indicate what question(s) you are answering.   Here's...
I am making a cake with a lot of rich fall colors in it, and I am going to have fondant decor apples, pumpkins, flowers, leaves etc. I am making these decorations in advance using homemade MMF, and I was wondering if like buttercream, when you dye fondant do the colors get deeper or lighter with time? (if stored properly in cool dark place) and the same question if the fondant is being air dried in it's molded form or if it is still in a ball and stored. Ex. should I make...
Thanks CRW41!@FrostThis: BC filling w/ BC frosting, on basic yellow cake
I have a cake due this Friday, but the party is on Saturday. Because she is picking it up the day BEFORE the party, I am missing a day on my usual baking schedule. My question is, if I bake the cake on wed., crumb coat and partially decorate, then finish decorating on Thurs. for a Fri morning pickup, will my cake still be nice and fresh by Saturday afternoon for the party? That makes the cake 3 days old (decorated and uncut). Any insights?
I am making a fairly short notice wonky cake for a customer, who wants it to be really eclectic and out there with bold shapes and colors. I was wondering, as I have minimal experience with RI on cakes, can I add RI deco's to my fondant cake using RI transfer method for more detailed shapes and images? I was also thinking of attaching some more 3D deco's to the cake (flowers, outbursts etc.) and was wondering if RI would work for this as well. If RI is a good option, what...