Posts by Shellski

Hi all,   Can anyone give me any advice on transporting cakes in a refrigerated unit please? A friend of mine is starting a bakery and wants to sell my cakes in it, which is awesome, but he's nowhere near me. I'd have to make the cakes in the later stages of the week and on the weekend for a Monday morning drop off to the truck, which is fine, but from there it will be transported by the refrigerated truck up to where he is.   My main concern is that it's an...
Thank you. :) I will be using both of those suggestions next time. They actually turned out ok in the end but I had to re-do his eyes because I was an idiot and didn't even think of the cake not being a flat surface for me to glue onto. hahaha. They broke. So I just made some more and glued them on.  
Hi everyone, I'm a novice at cake decorating and this is my first time using flower glue. I'm making a 'Hoot the owl' cake (from a kids tv channel here in Australia) and he has massive eyes which will obviously need to be glued on, but they're quite heavy. I made them 4 days ago (fondant/tylose powder mix) and want to stick them on tonight, but I don't want to be standing here for ages waiting for the glue to dry. I have 3 small kids to look after and one of them is...