Posts by kattasaurus

I use the sugar cookie recipe on Sweetopia.net which calls for baking powder, not baking soda. I omit the baking soda alltogether. Both baking powder and baking soda are leavening agents - something helpful when you want a nice fluffy cake, but nice and fluffy isn't ideal for cookies. Omit the powder/soda, don't substitute anything. Chill, chill, chill your dough!! This is the hardest part for me as I am so impatient. But you will save yourself a lot of headaches. I roll...
I agree, the prices look about standard to me. I have been trying to find a good source as well. I can never find all the ones I want on the same site and it kills me to pay multiple shipping and handling fees haha.
I agree. I find that even as an adult who is semi-experienced decorating cookies, the hardest part is often having the vision. But if I look at a picture I can re-create it no problem.In addition:-$6 seems good. I wouldn't pay $10 for that.-popsicle sticks instead of knives for spreading seems more appealing to me.. You would never find a plastic knife in a store bought craft kit but you often find popsicle sticks. It gives it a more professional feel IMO.-I think these...
Thanks everyone! I will definitely be checking these out... As well as some storage solutions for my growing collection haha.
I use Sweetopia's sugar cookie recipe found here: http://sweetopia.net/2009/12/sugar-cookie-recipe/But I cut out the baking powder entirely. She also has great tips on how to handle the dough to minimize spreading.My general rules are:- Make as few scraps as possible. The more you re-roll and handle the dough, the worse it will spread- Bake dough that has been chilled for as long as possible (she recommends over an hour to overnight if I remember correctly.. I am usually...
Those surfboard cookies made my day!
Hello!Can anyone share their sources for cookie cutters online, preferably Canadian? I have bought from Flour Confections and Golda's Kitchen, but I am looking for some more options for a better variety.Thanks