Posts by SJ-cakeboutique

Hello folks I have been doing this now for nearly 8 months.  Initially when I started I had the prices down low, which upset all the local cake bakers, one lady said do you think you only get orders because you are cheap and not because you make good cakes??  I persevered as I didn't think I was good enough to put the prices up.  Now comes the time where I need to make it worth my while.  I just can't justify the price for the amount of time I spend on the cakes, ...
I recently made a 6 layer rainbow cake have a look at my Minnie Mouse cake below. I used in total 1.5 cake quantity but made in thirds (.5) so I could cook two layers at a time, this way the cake mixture didn't sit around, plus I only had two tins to use.
I have been asked to make a cake for the local Rugby team for their jubilee party.I was going to do a basic rugby scrum (huddle) for one layer the players in their kit with their arms over each shoulder and the other layer something for the jubilee ie, a crown or union jack but this would need to be set on a column so you can see the players underneath and I feel this would be too advanced for me and have no idea how to set a cake on one column.I need some ideas on how to...