Posts by Margaret393

Hi Mandy a BIG welcome to Cake Central....a wonderful platform for Inspiration, Creativity and Motivation!   I make cakes as a hobby and have learnt SO much from both Professionals and Hobbyists alike - here on CC.   ENJOY!!!
Thinned out royal icing would make a good glue....to attach fondant shapes and letters. HTH
I had this problem also with the Canon edible printer - wasted edible paper can be costly! To get around this I would FIRST print  out a copy of the picture on PLAIN COPYING PAPER.....then adjust the colour tones where necessary. For example RED or PINK seemed to be the main mismatch!!! Once I am happy with the results,,,,,and only then, will print on the edible paper.   I am not familiar with the CCI profiles with any printer.....you learn something new everyday, which...
What about Cabinet Pudding - sometimes referred to as a Hot Trifle in the culinary world!. Cubes of plain cake placed in a buttered pie dish, mix in few ounces of dried fruit .ie, sultanas, raisons and glace cherries - cut in half. Pour on vanilla flavoured egg custard, leave it stand for about ten minutes to allow the custard to soak in, and then bake in a  moderate oven.   Note all prepared egg custard based desserts are best placed in a shallow dish of water to...
Hi wedtemp the Lakeland brand is called Magic Icing Powder
Hi kdeabs I agree with cupcakemaker  - royal icing would work well for the curled leaves.  However another option, which makes a good glue - for general use, is to take a small amount of fondant - same colour as cake base, break into small pieces and add a  drop of water. Melt in the microwave - on LOW heat, mix well at intervals - taking care not to burn it! Allow to cool before use. Transfer glue to small container or jar with lid. (to prevent drying out when not in...
I add a tablespoon of water - per egg yolk and whisk it in, then freeze yolks in an ice cube tray - very handy and quick to thaw when  required. Uses to name but a few - quiches, sugar pastry , egg custard based desserts, lemon curd etc.
Hi sam83 welcome to CC! You mentioned BC or RI for grass - would you consider using sugar paste? Try pushing some coloured sugar paste / fondant through a garlic press or clay gun for a grass effect - have a look this technique used - on the funky christening cake in my CC photo album. Good luck with your cake. Hope this helps!  
Photo in my album on CC  got this CAKE PLATEAU  on line at efavormart.com - available in gold as well