Posts by elidamico

Hi there    Was just wondering if any of the UK bakers could provide me with any information about setting up a cupcake market stall?    I'm in the UK and have a little business for cupcakes, and am thinking of setting up a little stall (nothing massive) at local car boots and fairs. I have enquiried with the car boot trader manager and they are fine with me doing this.    Does anyone have any tips? Hints?    Any advise on how to prepare for things like...
Hi there    Was just wondering if any of the US or UK bakers could provide me with any information about setting up a cupcake market stall?    I'm in the UK and have a little business for cupcakes, and am thinking of setting up a little stall (nothing massive) at local car boots and fairs. I have enquiried with the car boot trader manager and they are fine with me doing this.    Does anyone have any tips? Hints?    Any advise on how to prepare for things...
Thanks for the advice everyone.So following on from my message, I've decided to do some feedback forms and I obviously want a form for each flavour, and wanted to know what kind of questions you'd ask. I have some like:1). On a scale of 1-5, 1 being very dry, how well do you rate the moistness of this cupcake?2). On a scale of 1-5, 5 being super pretty, how would you rate the appearance of this cupcake?3). Do you like the frosting?4). Do you think the frosting and flavour...
I was planning on doing full cupcakes - or possibly mini cupcakes - they may be better, bite sized I think I have 7 confident recipes that have been tried and tested. I was hoping to send a message to all my fellow followers on my facebook page to see if they were interested and then get a number from that, and then officially send out invites?I have an idea of what to do with decorating and stuff like that, as I work for an online company who have thousand of party...
Thanks for your reply, AmyCakesYeah I'm hoping to do it next month so I'm trying to plan it all this month and sort out the finer details. I'm not sure on how many flavours to do? Maybe 7 flavours and about 15 cupcakes of each?Ellie x
Hi thereI am thinking of doing like a Cupcake Tasting Evening and I was wondering if any of the UK bakers on here had done anything like that before?Having looked on the internet, there are loads of ideas for displaying and ideas to make it more fun for the people who may attend, but I'd really like to charge (obviously to cover my costs). What's a reasonable price, say £5 to come along and all you can eat Cupcakes and Wine/Drink?Any feedback or tips would be great Ellie x
Hi there!!I'm new to this! Having browsed a few of the posts, there's lots of useful hints and tips which are great!!I'm having a few issues with my cupcake liners but don't know if it is my baking trays I'm using? It's almost as if the liner creases into itself when I put my batter into them. Any of the UKers know really good deep hole baking trays that don't do this to the liner?I'm currently trying to start a small blog and start a small online business. Have had a few...
HI thereI've been looking at this forum for a while and thought I'd join!So having baked for over 8 months now, I'm finding some problems. The most common at the moment is the liner is peeling away from the cupcake, but I've not changed any recipes etc. However, I think it may be the trays I'm using? When I put the liner into the tray, it doesn't sit in the hole. Only when I fill the liner with the batter it then sinks to the bottom. At times though, the liner doesn't sit...