Posts by rdjr

you could do an 8" 10" and 14" for 140 servings
The price is what is sooo much better and the quality is a little better, in my opinion, than wilton.
Hello everyone, I have always used wilton's 12 inch bags to decorate and such. Today I was at ACE restaurant supply and saw these bags, 100 count, 18" in length for less than $15.00. I decided to buy them and give them a try, they are the best. The tip slides right to the tip of the bag and if the bag is too big you can just cut it down. They do have an outer seam but I am extremely happy with them and I will no be going back to wilton pastry bags. Just thought I would...
Correction*** $165, I forgot that the cakes are covered in fondant.
it really sepends on what your expenses are, there are a ton of forums about pricing her on CC, Where I am. I would charge $115.
I switched from disposable to featherweight because I thought I would save money. I only used the featherweight twice, I despised cleaning them. Disposable all the way!
Honestly, buttercream is supposed to be sweet. You could reduce the amount of sugar in he recipe but it will no longer crust.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, does any one know of any blogs or articles where I can link my clients that explain what actually goes into the making of a cake? How custom cakes and walmart cakes can't be compared? Thanks!
Make sure you send an e-mail or call Rick Perry to get that law signed!
To me, scratch is less expensive but takes up much more time measureing ingredients. I use the wasc for all my flavors, except carrot which I make from scratch, and it only takes me about 5 min or less to mix a batch. What helps move along faster is that I measure a cup of flour and sugar into ziplock bags and store them and everytime I am making a WASC I just pour one of the bags into the batter.