Posts by rdjr

Hello fellow cake makers! I am in need of a really good orange WASC cake. I can't get orange cake mix locally and I was wondering if anyone has a WASC orange recipe that uses another flavor mix. I have tried many recipes but have been unable to find the right one for me. Thank you!
I made this recipe on Wednesday and I loved it!. However, I made it with high ratio shortening and I was wondering if there is a greasy feeling or taste when using Crisco, like the recipe states? It would be so much less expensive and I could lower the price of my cakes a few bucks. Thanks!   here is the recipe, by the way:   http://www.mail-archive.com/cake-recipe@yahoogroups.com/msg00321.html
Thank you! I work at Walmart and work with this frosting. I just wasn't sure how to go about flavoring it. I really do like how it tastes but I would like a difference in taste if I decide to put it on my cakes in order to lower my price a tad bit.
TallxLen, what flavoring/s do you use and how much?
Does anyone use Sam's Club buttercream for their cakes? If so, do you flavor it or use it straight from the bucket? Thanks!
BRP Box shop!
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=6568490B-9DFD-FB09-52BC1F86102E86E5&killnav=1
Hello everyone. I want to make some peanut butter chocolate cupcakes but I am not sure if they require refrigeration. After you pour the batter in the cc liners you place a cream cheese peanut butter filling and bake, Will they still require refrigeration? Thanks!
The only thing that sucked was that I made a really nice 8 inch cake with roses cascading onto the board. Then, I realized I forgot to take off the parchment paper circle on th bottom......
Okay everyone, here it is! First I got showed around the bakery section, where they place things and such. I got taught how to take orders. And then I started decorating. They just had me do quarter sheet cakes for the case and I could decorate them however I wanted. They did not let me do any ordered cakes though with the kits. My manager does not care how many cakes you ice in the time given as long as you do it as fast as you can. Also, roses are VERY hard to make...