Posts by Hollybello

Hello. My husband has just told me he is going to buy me a stand mixer, I am very excited as currently only use a cheap hand mixers which are always burning out on me! I have been doing some research and am completely confused as to what to get. I am from England and kitchen aids are very very expensive here, however I have come across the kenwood kmix which appears similar but I can get for £100 cheaper then the ka and also has a fold function which looks usefull. Has...
Great advice, I will give it a go if anyone has any good cake recipes they can recommend I would love to hear
Hello. I have been given a couple of huge catering size cans of coconut milk and I would like to experiment with some different recipes however i hate to waste nearly a whole can as it would make more then my entire family could eat lol! Can coconut milk be frozen and if so is there a special way to do this? If so it would be perfect as I could seperate the left overs into portions then defrost as required.
I have squires paste colours but have found that with certain deep colours the flavour is affected, in particular green and reds. Is there an intense colour I can use for red which will not affect taste? I don't like to cover a whole cake in a dark colour normally but I have some family requests for arsenal shirt cakes later this year!
Hello. I'm from the uk and am currently a hobby baker but looking to expand in the future and do some cakes for business. My husband and I have just bought a house and will me moving from our small flat in a few weeks time. The house comes with no appliances and we can't take ours with us. I have been doing some reading and trying to decide on the best cooker for me. I currently have a duel fuel with gas hob and electric fan assisted oven. It's a really poor quality one...
Thank you all for your replies. Some great ideas. I have since had an email from the mum. They want red roses and she has asked if I can make a Rose big enough for the ring box to go inside so it looks like the Rose is opening up around the box. I think a bed of smaller roses surtounding the ring might be more practical. Iv never tried this so not sure how it would work :s. She has sent me a pic of the ring box and it's black and gold heart shaped, quite pretty. I'm going...
hello. I am a hobby baker that only makes for friends and family at this time. I have just been asked to make a cake for a friends son to use to propose to his girlfriend next week. Whey want the cake to have will you marry me on it and some sort of flower but other details they have left up to me pretty much. I am really excited about doing this but want to make sure I get it right as it is for such a big event. I have flicked through the gallery for ideas but nothing...
"Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, but she likes vanilla sponge cake (with NO filling? Not even buttercream?) with a fondant cover and he likes chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream....no fondant, but they BOTH requested a white cake? Huh? not quite getting it here. "exactly I'm not quite getting it either! I have sent them an email to try to clarify but I think they genuinely think I can colour brown chocolate however they want! This maybe my fault tbh because I...
My husbands little sister has just got engaged and having a party start of September, I have been asked to make a cake and have offered to do this as my gift to them. The problem is what they have since requested is a it complicated and can't quite get my head around I'm going to do it at this stage. So what I have been asked for is:100 servings. Bride only likes plain vanilla sponge covered in fondant, no cream or filling etc. Groom only likes chocolate fudge cake with...