Posts by MJbakes

Hey all my lovely cakers! Just wondering, when someone asks you for a quote of a cake through email or facebook, and don't reply when you give them the price, do you follow up or just leave it?
That's another thing, I wouldn't know where to begin with how much product I should bring on my first time, I think most of the farmers markets around here go for 4-6 hours and the vendors have to stay from beginning to end. I was talking to one of my friends who is starting up an organic/gluten free/vegan cupcake business and she said the area that she chose to do the FMs at was a bad choice, she didnt make that much profit on any of them. And was always left with...
Thats a good point ItalianBaker. At the farmers markets here, the items that you sell have to be prepackacked and labeled with the ingredients. They don't care how you sell them, singles, 6s, dozens, etc. That parts completely up to the vendor.
i was thinking of going to walk around on Sunday, thats the next one, just to see what kind of stands are set up and what the competition would be like. But I got an email back for the operations manager saying they require all baked goods to be done in a coded kitchen (licensed). There are some markets that don't require it, and my city doesn't have a law about home based kitchen unless you regester your business. My grandmother has been doing farmers markets for longer...
anyone?
I've been thinking about signing up for a Farmers Markets in my area but not sure if it brings in enough profit to be worth it. I would bring cupcakes, cake pops and possibly some cookies. I was thinking of doing a dummy cake to show people my work, bring flyers, business cards, order forms etc. I would sell the cupcakes etc in dozens, 6s and individually. Has anyone done this before, does it bring in more business? The lady I spoke with said it costs $25 per day, and if...
oops I just noticed you said you didn't like oil in your cakes :s sorry, its a really good cake though!
This is the recipe that I use for my cakes and cupcakes. It's moist and sturdy enough to stack cakes aswell! It makes 2 9inch rounds, for cupcakes I don't know exactly how many it makes, as I always make a few batches of batter at a time.2c. Sugar4 eggs2 1/2 c all purpose flour1 c milk3/4c vegetable oil2 1/4 tsp baking powder1 tsp vanillapreheat oven to 350. Grease and parchment pans. In bowl, beat sugar & eggs together until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.Add flour...
My cousin got married in December and her cake was covered in pinecones, snowflakes and mistletoe. It was very pretty, I don't have a picture of it on hand, I would post a pic if I did.
yea, meringue has dried egg whites. I've never tried making BC roses, I'll have to give it a try this week.