Posts by MJbakes

I'm working on a quote for a new client. How much would you guys charge for fresh strawberries and blueberries in the filling of the cake? I buy my strawberries for 2.99/lb and blueberries normally are 3.99-4.99 for a small clamshell (not sure of the size of it)Should I just charge her what I buy the fruit for?
I'm trying to figure out how many cups are in a 1kg bag of mini marshmallows. I can't find a good converter anywhere. Can anyone help?
Hi everyone,I've been getting alot busier with cake orders and I think its time to think of a name for my cake company. My boyfriend and I have been writing down a bunch of possible names.A few of which I have already checked and there are companies that have already taken those name. So to make it easier we're trying to make it more personal? I guess. A.T. Custom Cakes (my sons names are Alexander and Taylor, Taylor is the oldest and I originally had writen it down as...
I think you could go higher. I actually created a post about a week ago because I got an order for a 3 tier fondant covered grad cake. I orginally wanted to charge her $175. Put some were saying they it was way too low, and some said they would start at $300. I ended up charging her $225. I was happy with what I charged her and so was she. I made enough to cover costs of supplies, utilities, clean up and profit. Those 4 tiers would give you 130 servings using the Wilton...
Thanks to everyone who posted with their thoughts/advice. I've come down to a price and design and everythings a go. I have to have it done and delivered by next Monday so I'll post pics then! Thanks again everyone!
Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. This is only my 2nd cake that I'm actually selling, I started just making cakes for my kids and hubby, next thing i know, nieces and nephews now to friends of friends of friends lol. The chart I use says a 10, 8 and 6 inch cake would give me 60 servings. (I use this site...
Hi everyone, I'm making a graduation cake for someone and I need help with the price. I'm doing a 3 tiered round cake. 10, 8 and 6 inch rounds. The top layer is going to be a graduation cap. All fondant. Is $175 too cheap? I've never sold a cake this size before normally only single round cakes. Please help!
thank you very much, that chart is way more helpful than the other ones i've found on the web.
Hi everyone, my name's Michelle. Fairly new here and I need some advice. I've been asked to make a 2 tiered round cake to feed approx 25 people. I was looking at some serving charts and not quite sure which way to go about it.According to the charts if I do an 8" it would serve approx 15 (different at some sights) and a 6" is approx 8 ppls. I was thinking I could do a 10" and an 8" but I don't want there to be way too much because then there would be enought to feed...