Posts by sugarkissed_net

http://cookieconnection.juliausher.com/clips
Check to make sure that none of your flavorings have oil in ingredients listed on the label. Been there, done that!
They came out beautiful! I've been wanting to try this technique. Maybe for Mothers Day.
Such a cute design!
Thank you for your response, Heath. I sent you a message back in Dec. after corresponding with Jan H. about it. I will go ahead and contact Jackie. Thanks for your help!
I used to be able to post tutorials. I have not been able to do so since the site changes were made. I have posted about this and send private message but have never received any help. Is there anything that can be done to get this working again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This is my favorite recipe: Royal Icing (That Won’t Dry Rock Hard) Ingredients 5 tablespoons meringue powder 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 3/4 cup warm water 2 pounds powdered sugar 2 tablespoons light corn syrup 1 teaspoon glycerin 12 drops white gel food coloring 1 teaspoon oil-free clear vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon oil-free clear almond extract 1/4 teaspoon oil-free clear butter flavoring Directions Use a whisk to mix together the water, meringue...
This is the recipe for my favorite royal icing. I love it because it doesn't dry rock hard but is still stiff enough for detailed decorating, stacking, and packaging. Plus it's yummy!   Royal Icing (That Won’t Dry Rock Hard)   Ingredients 5 tablespoons meringue powder 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 3/4 cup warm water 2 pounds powdered sugar 2 tablespoons light corn syrup 1 teaspoon glycerin 12 drops white gel food coloring 1 teaspoon oil-free clear vanilla...
I use a recipe that's kind of a combo of glaze and royal. It doesn't dry as rock hard as classic royal icing, but it's sturdy enough for detailing, plus with the flavorings I add I think it's yummy!   Ingredients 5 tablespoons meringue powder ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar ¾ cup warm water 2 pounds powdered sugar 2 tablespoons light corn syrup 1 teaspoon glycerin 12 drops white gel food coloring 1 teaspoon oil-free clear vanilla...
I've seen cookiers post that they do exactly that. They don't want to flood the whole cookie with royal icing, so they use glaze. And then royal icing is just used for the detailing.