Posts by hbquikcomjamesl

As Alton would say, Definitely NOT "Good Eats."
If you click on the Flickr link in my signature, I believe you'll find at least one picture (two, I think) of cakes frosted with DH canned dark chocolate frosting, with edible printing on them. If I remember right, one is a picture of my parents' 55th anniversary cake, with a speed limit sign on it, and the other was a birthday cake for my mother, with a photographs of roses (one of these days, I'll have the time to learn how to make a rose with a piping bag, but my BC is...
Not just their mouths, either.
Dunno. Once I delivered them (and a detailed listing of the expenses involved in making them), they were out of my sight, as I was too busy with the combination of my ordinary docent duties and various Los Angeles Printers' Fair activities. At the end of the day, all that was left was a vegan single-batch that I'd made because the colleague who'd come up with the idea had a severe dairy allergy; she ended up buying the entire single-batch. And note that the letters are...
No; no edible Scrabble board here (and I'm sure that Hasbro would have a thing to say to anybody who did make one. I think you must be looking at the three double-batches of shortbread cookies baked in the shape of ink-stained (via egg-based cookie paint) wood display type. And that was NOT an easy project.
I'm no expert on weddings or wedding cake construction (and neither do I play one on television), but I'm guessing that in the days leading up to your wedding, your time is going to be very valuable, and I'm guessing that what your baker would charge you $610 for would probably take about $1220 worth of your own time, and unless you've done this sort of thing yourself (in which case, you wouldn't be asking the question), you probably wouldn't do as good a job as what the...
"Impressive but doesn't take much experience"? Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "Edible printing." Find a cake supply shop, or a bakery, that outsources edible printing, come up with a picture you want to put on a cake (it does NOT have to be a photograph, but it DOES have to be an image you have a legal right to put on a cake), and go for it. Go to the Flicker link in my signature; you'll see several SIMPLE, "family style" sheet cakes...
Compare: Open both URLs, and click the "ingredients" tabs of each. http://www.kelloggs.com.au/en_AU/lcms-rice-bubbles-.html http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/kelloggs-rice-krispies-treats-original-bars.html   The Australian LCM product appears to be a children's version of a cereal breakfast bar, while the US RKT product is a mass-produced version of a popular confection that was invented in 1939 by a Kellogg's employee, for a Camp Fire Girls bake sale, and was made in...
Sounds like why I refuse to own an inkjet, or even allow one in my house.
Perfectly understandable: they are an internationally-known premium brand. They don't need free advertising from sources outside their control. Just by "dropping their name" in the ingredient list (and certainly by doing so in the name of your product), you're tapping into their fame and reputation in order to sell a product they have no control over (and that they cannot, therefore, prevent from harming their reputation).   It's the use of their name, not their product,...