Posts by BakingIrene

You only need a pinch of cream of tartar with 3 fresh egg whites and a pound of powdered sugar.   If you have a container of merigue powder, look at the ingredients list for "potassium bitartrate" which is the technical name for cream of tartar.
YOU need to control the amount of time you waste on non-orders. You can provide 15 minutes of basic contact such as getting the details of the event down etc.   If these time-wasters want more, you can quote them your hourly rate for consultation.  Trust me they will vanish into the woodwork...
  I downloaded the Avery designer software and have used it for years.   Recently tried on a new PC running Chrome and it didn't run OK.  Had to download with Firefox (PC owner refuses to use IE...) and that ran OK.   You can use generic labels because they all have the Avery template equivalent noted on the package. 
$2000 in Canada.  That's a LOT of 3D carving.
I know this is late for the original issue, but...   Toba Garrett has revised the instructions in her newest book "Master Class".   The buttercream recipe calls for the same amount of ganache at room temperature "LEFT TO HARDEN" This should help the consistency stay stable after it has been mixed in.   I believe that chilled ganache brought to room temperature would also serve.    And the book is full of spectacular very sophisticated cakes (only 1...
1. You are looking for a printer that uses FOUR inks NOT 6 or 8.  There are only 4 edible inks.   2.  The printer should be connected to a PC or it has to accept a wireless signal from a laptop.  The picture files come from there.  Use software like Photoshop Elements that will come with your new printer, or use Paint to edit and compile pictures into printable finished images.   3.  Please don't even try to scan to the printer because then you have no editing...
My experience with Epson printers is positive...but that they are very finicky about which refillable cartridges you buy.  I use the ones that had a blue label on the side, with coloured plugs.  There are other sorts of refillables and I have stopped buying them because I couldn't get them in properly.   In fact it's so bad that my local photo supplier was reselling Epson printers that had been returned soon after purchase.  I asked, and they said that people owned...
I believe the use of baking SODA as you have typed it would also help to make the cake fall.  Normally baking POWDER would be used to add some leavening. Normally egg whites are stabilized by adding acid like cream of tartar or lemon juice.  Baking SODA is alkaline.
Lime.  Peach.  Pina Colada.  Coconut.   Anything that gives you a pastel shade.
How much beet puree you use depends on which blog you choose from the google search results.   Some blogs have covered the acid vs base issue as part of their recipe development.   I'm referring to the  baking soda and vinegar mix that is folded in at the end of traditional red velvet batter. You would have to use baking powder instead of baking soda.