Posts by IHeartCupcakes

Hello,   I have a bride requesting the cake below and Im trying to figure out how it was made.  Im assuming its buttercream, but Im not sure how the metallic was done.  Maybe an airbrush?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!!  
Thank you so much for the suggestion FullHouse.  It looks like those cutters may work!  
My sister in law is in love with the design on this cake and would like something similar on her wedding cake.  I believe these were all hand cut, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of any cutters or molds that will give a similar design.  I don't mind hand cutting them, but I'm afraid I want get it to look as clean as it does on this cake.  Thank you for all of your help and suggestions!  
I have been having the same problem! It's driving me crazy! My cakes are room temp because I let them sit overnight after I ganache them. I'm also carefull to put the fondant on top of the cake slowly to prevent air pickets and I run over it with a fondant smoother too. I'm carefull to brush the entire cake with shortening before puting the fondant on. I wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Lol I suppose you're right. It's not very traditional. I love your idea but I'm not sure I can pull off a high end handbag. Yes, roadster looks like a race car. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will definitely research it to see if I'm comfortable doing a bag.
Royal Bakery has a great tutorial on this. And its really cheap! You can find her on Facebook.
HELP! I have been asked to do a boy baby shower cake which incorporates the following themes; safari, roadster, and girley things like handbags. Pottery Barn safari and roadster theme. The shower is at an upscale location and the mother is a fashionista who has a love for high end handbags. I was thinking I can make a winding road cake with a car on top with a safari animal in it. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to incorporate girley items. She wants a...
You can get them from **********. Google frill cutters and you will find sellers. You can find them on eBay as well.
Brilliant! Thank you all so much!! I am fairly new to cake decorating, so I still have a lot to learn. I appreciate all who have taken the time to reply.
I'm so happy to hear there may be cutters for the scalloped patter, but I can't seem to find them