Posts by JanDunlevy

If the cake is big enough, I think a church with a pond beside it would be awesome!
First thought was round cake with camouflage around the side edges and top of cake blue, like water, edge with rocks and have a fish coming up out of the water. Lots of ways you could incorporate the two themes.
I now have 1232 photos in my favorites because I now have multiple duplicates of each picture that was there before! Help!!! I want these gone. It takes forever to find a saved photo.
Welcome! I am a newbie decorator and had never done any type of decorating until I took the Wilton courses at a JoAnn's in April of this year. Caution: this is a highly addictive hobby!!! You will learn the basics with Wilton but there is a wealth of information on here as well as you tube that will take you to the next level with decorating. I don't find many of the Wilton tools to be quality items and you are required to purchase the kits as part of the course material....
I want to do a birdcage cake using 10 inch rounds. I would like to stack 3, possibly 4 using the SPS between each two layers. I would then like to carve a top cake for the dome. Is this too much weight for one cake? I would use a cake plate or board between the dome and the top two layers. SPS if necessary. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated as I always tend to want to make cake defy the odds! Will be traveling about 30 minutes away with cake.
Best advice I got on that issue was here on CC. Crush your Rice Krispies with a rolling pin before adding to the marshmallows. Makes a much smoother surface when you mold. Love them for modeling!
Here's one that is very close! http://www.wineandcake.com/browse.cfm/pumpkin-and-flower-pop-top/4,15637.html They are called pop tops.
Ugh! This was blocked but it is sugar craft .com . All one word of course, and the rest of it added to that.
These are not exact but close. http://********************/catalog/holiday/hal-thanks/hall-novelties.htm
I would definitely use dummy cakes unless that is prohibited.