Posts by JanDunlevy

I did this technique using buttercream. Very simple and very fast. Learned it on mycakeschool.com. Going to try and post the pic or the link. If I fail it is in my gallery.
I would make it out of Rice Krispie treats and cover it with fondant or modeling chocolate .
The White Almond Sour Cream cake recipe in the recipes on this site can't be beat! I never use the almond flavoring as I am not a an of almond. I just replace it with more vanilla.
If I'm not mistaken that is the Myan pyramid at Chichen Itza. Maybe some Myan symbols or relics could add some "flavor" to the cake board.
That is gorgeous! Love the contrast of the black, white and red and the way you used it. Great job with the molds.
I use a weeding tool but a hat pin, Dresden tool or anything with a slight point works. Just be cautious to not puncture your mold.
When I want a vibrant color I definitely use the electric Americolors. I still use the no taste Wilton red when I need a very saturated red color. I use buttercream on all of my cakes so that is what I a coloring. Also, I color my icing the night before to allow time for it to bloom. It does darken considerably more. Hope this helps.
Marvelous Molds has an awesome chevron onlay. They are the bomb awesome!
Worth every penny no matter what level you can afford! Attend all that you can. Can't wait to get there. There are vendors that do not take credit cards. I did find they would take a check though. Wouldn't miss it! I've only. Been decorating for a little over a year and the knowledge under one roof at ICES is priceless.
Indydebie's crusting buttercream recipe here on cake central. Very heat proof and delicious!