Posts by Pearl123

I do agree with Jason. Your cakes are lovely and your works look clean and well executed. BUT your website's design, I feel, lets you down a bit. There's a lot of text before getting to the flavours you offer etc. People tend not to want to read tons of stuff. Rather pictures or short brief descriptions. Also the way the Cake flavours and fillings are just typed in one below the other, the heading is not standing out, its easy to miss.My sister runs a multimedia company,...
Great, I will check with her. Perhaps they do do what I"m looking for - my cousin attended the beginners classes and from what they covered there, I know how to do those already. I will definitely check again, as they are close and it would be ideal for me.
Hi RinaThank you! Yes, I"m very close to Edenvale, I know the Chocolate Den well. Their classes are good from what I hear, though not such intricate work apparently. Didn't know about Chefs and Icers, so I will definitely check that out, thank you.Pearl
U welcome!! Hmm am also thinking.. you mentioned "tree"... You could also do a simple white tiered cake and use the colours in a tree. That either goes up or to be different - a branch painted from the right to left of a tier (about 3/4 of the way) and then using cutouts to make it more 3D hanging off the branches. Really makes it pop when its painted and then a curved or shaped cutout is popping off the cake, if u know what I mean.
Bottom tier like this I mean... http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1774398/hope
If you check out Jessica Harris' blog on her technique with patterns on wax paper, that would be ideal for getting that pattern.Also, I saw another cake on here (can't find it now) which looked very chic and modern. The bottom layer could be covered in flat circles of the colours to match. The top tier can be plain and have a silhoutte of either (if she had kids already) the pregnant mom with a kid, holding a string of balooons... u can use the balloons to bring the pop of...
DeliciousDesserts... you right! I remember my hands being so sore and frozen by the time I was done. on second thoughts... if you can buy the pans or moulds that would be much better.Although I must say, the actually making of the cheesecake (layering it etc.) would be easier in one pan. I guess each to his own, find what works for you...Happy caking!
Hello cc'ers. I love this website, you guys are all so amazing!! I have learnt soooo much on here.I'm trying to reach out to south Africans on this site (or others that do have any info). I want to increase my skills to the level where I can do wedding cakes. The classes offered here by most cover flower-making, 3d cakes etc. I am looking for good classes where I can learn intricate piping work, stacking cakes, using airbrushing etc. Have been googling and not finding...
I've done a tiramisu like this. Used a standard round cutter. But I froze my dessert before I cut it. By the time it had defrosted it held its shape well. Much less work than individuals and I didn't have to buy the pans. Only downside is the wastage in between the circles you cut, although it is minimal and I just scooped them all up for the tasters to enjoy (that being my ever eager family!).
Aandsmommy, I have a lotta respect for how you handled that, and also handled all the comments made on this thread. Its tough enough making a mistake, which everyone certainly does one time or another, owning up to it and learning from it is another thing. So well done and keep on caking!