Posts by Pearl123

Hi everyoneI've been asked to run a 25minutes class for our church ladies group for a fun event. There will be groups of about 10 and we will run 3 classes.We will do cupcakes and I want to show them how to make 2 designs... 1 with a flower and the other a fun one (such as the PUPcakes!).Question is: As this is a free class, I won't be able to invest in buying tools for each of them to use. I will be able to get the sugarpaste and colours etc, but not the balling tool, for...
What temperature are you baking at?Perhaps your oven temp is not correct? It sounds like its not heating enough, and the outside is heating up but no heat getting to the middle.For that long, it should be burning at that point, not undercooking.Also the opening and closing and scooping out mixture, thats definitely ruining the cake too. At this point you're wasting money on the batter by now too...Sorry not much help but hope you get it right!
FromScratch... Good lookin' out... !
OP, I"m in SA too (Gauteng). LorAnn's flavoured oils can only be bought online here, its quite expensive though. Roughly R365,00 per 100ml bottle.When you say shelf-stable, do you mean its a cake the couple want to keep (as its top tier?) or just that you may need it to stand out for the night before and the day of?If only for the event itself, I would suggest you make the cheesecake filling as you would for proper cheesecake... I am uncertain that a pudding-only filling...
I agree with lilmissbakesalot. I've done a lemon chiffon cake this weekend (Dunnot why they call this strawberries and cream, but thesponge has lemon zest??). Anyway I'm not 100% sure about the rest, but definitely overmixing can result in this and overbaking. Also liquid is very little and I would use bit more baking powder.I was so very gentle and precise when I followed my recipe (which took 7 eggs, seperated and was amazzzzzing), I got an absolutely light, airy but...
I"m from SA so I'm not familiar with the Cinabon filling you speak of BUT I did a delish fluffy cream cheese icing recently... Ingredients Icing Mix:150gr Icing Sugar sifted230g Cream Cheese; smooth (1 tub)230g Marscapone Cheese (1 tub)1 tsp vanilla extract250-300ml Fresh Cream (you call it double/whipping cream I think)Icing Method:1. Beat cream cheese and mascarpone cheese until smooth.2. Add vanilla essence and icing sugar until smooth.3. Gradually add the whipping...
You're welcome Claire. Thanks for the compliment. Can't wait to see your pics!!p.s. I also tried this will icing sugar (powdered) mixed with a little water. It actually did work too...Its easier than making Royal icing I guess...
I did this one recently, Cake is covered cream cheese frosting (with marscapone and whipped cream). I thinned royal icing down with a little water and used a new toothbrush. The icing consistency has to be drizzling off the brush when you dip it. Run your thumb hard down the bristles to get finer spots. Stand a little back and flick your wrist to get a good splash and lines. When I tried to flick it on with a paintbrush it didn't work for me. The toothbrush worked very...
Great tips everyone! Thank you all. I also need to do a tiered cake today and if anyone can help me that would be most appreciated.... question is: Will this work with Swiss Meringue buttercream? Putting it in the freezer for 10 mins and out again etc?I heard that the condensation can affect the swiss meringue? TIA!
Hi flower68. Without seeing a pic or a more thorough description of how wonky it is (sizes, supports system in it, tilt angles etc), its a bit tough to tell you. I just been reading Collette Peters on the wonky cakes... the number one thing is balance. Ensure the tilts are balanced out and supported well. the BOTTOM of the cake should not necessarily be tilted. It should be tapered to look like that. Also insert a dowel through all 4 tiers.Are you "glueing" the cake to the...