Posts by Pearl123

If I understand you correctly. Then its the same as stacking any cake. Dowels, cake board, seperator, cake, dowels cake board, seperator.   If you're saying "taller than you" then you just need a step to stand on whilst you stack. And of course stack on site.
I sometimes have the same problem, depending on which box mixes I use. We don't get Betty Crocker here so I can't comment on that, but I do agree that the different brands react differently to the recipe and surely different sizes make a big difference.   Here in SA we get Pilsbury (which I use if I can get it) or Moirs. Problem is that the Pilsbury box is 700g and the Moirs is 400 g I think, but definitely not more than 450g.   Surely this makes a big difference...
Hi Sukayna. If they are still in good form and have only dropped, perhaps place some fluffy "clouds" (I call them clouds not sure what it is, like the stuff teddy bears are stuffed with) or pieces of cling film or paper towel underneath the petals to dry again in the form they need to be. Keep it in a cool room with fan on. Definitely not the fridge. Did you add anything to the sugarpaste before you made the flowers? Like CMC or something to help it to dry well? Once...
Just to be clear - do you mean 5-tiered cake or a single tier that has 5 layers?   Your question is rather vague, perhaps ask for specific areas that you need help with.   Or use Google.
I do a lemon chiffon cake, which is always receiving rave reviews. Its probably one of my most requested flavours. Its light and delicious. You can adjust the amount of lemon flavour you want, I pair it with a lemoncurd buttercream filling and its amazing!
First - Bravo to you! Its not easy putting yourself and your work out there for crit!   Then... I'm also not sure if I like it...? Is the cake itself buttercream, airbrushed? Can't say I like the shading. Maybe the colours don't quite work - looks "dirty" in a sense with the browns. If it had been a soft colour or all white, with touches of colour on the petals it could work. I do like the colour edging on the petals. Yes, the petals are too thick. And that kind of...
... Every piece of art that you see has your wheels turning on how you can translate that into cake!   AND...   ... when your birthday calendar reminds of you a friend or family's upcoming birthday, you write in a "start baking" date a couple days before into your diary
Thank you guys for the great tips, I have checked them out and will be doing to the Deon Swarts courses soon!
I'm not familiar with the gold highlighters and piping gel - but I would do the piping in RI and then paint it with gold lustre dust mixed with vodka/clear vanilla. It takes very little "paint" for each cookie that way....
Thats a great idea - to taper it down at the ends! Thanks. Actually I think I did do my layer way too thick, being the first time, I was concerned if it was too thin that the wax paper would not peel off, but it came off so clean that I'll be confident to do it that way next time, Thanx!