Posts by Pearl123

Hi Emma   There are lots of great tutorials here http://cakecentral.com/t/654103/hundreds-of-tutorials-in-here   Any type of cake will work under fondant (I mean flavor) but you do need a cake that is not too soft or it can crumble under the weight. Also the icing you use under the fondant is important.   One year olds won't eat a lot of cake really. So a plain vanilla or chocolate flavor cake always goes down well, if there are other children too.
(ducks outta here slowly). Oookay then. I still don't get it but am agreeing to disagree.
Cakealicious - I see now Nancy did apologise, she says sorry she did not see that the OP had sorted out delivery. She did post 4 times in this thread prior about bearing the cold. That's what I was referring to.
Great job OP, I'm glad you were so considerate and hope all goes well with your angel of a husband!   NancyLee61... I live in Sunny South Africa and even in the winter we have a max of -2/5 degrees Celsius. So I cannot begin to imagine extreme weather conditions. But even I can clearly see that such extreme cold does not mean "hey just put on a jacket and boots and you'll be fine"! I assume it affects the safety of the roads, the hazard of frostbite, visibility issues....
AnnieCahill, I totally missed the winky face...  If you were kidding then I'm so sorry, GigisFreshbaked.   Someone upthread had also mentioned option B - something about them "ending up in the garbage"...   Well I'm glad the OP respected the gran/mother-in-law enough to find a way to include her after all.
OP, I completely understand that you want to protect your reputation and business. Many suggestions made here are great and I'm glad to see you invited the Grandma over to bake with you - was she happy about that? I hope so and I'm sure you have made her work much lighter by doing that. Just a note on the side... I am shocked at the above suggestion. This is food that would have been made by a grandmother of the bride. Whether it be boxed ones that taste good or not (you...
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/05/baking-stacking-and-icing.html   http://www.wilton.com/shapedpan/Stand-Up-Cuddly-Bear-Pan  
This is a little unnerving! First time posting for review... !   This cake was a lot of firsts for me... first time trying the ruffles and rosettes like this. I only found my rhythm and pattern about a 1/4 way in so in hindsight I could see a lot going better next time. For the top tier, the fondant was way too soft in the heat of the day and was ruined, I pulled it off and decided to go with the buttercream. First time I tried some "stringwork piping". It was a disaster...

Maybe you shouldn't have taken on such a job, icing, filling and smoothing a cake and covering it is such a problem. Whether its a friend or not, I can't imagine that anyone wants a disaster on such a special day.   The only help I can say is probably redo if the cake has come apart with the fondant. Fill and ice your cake and let it settle before covering in fondant. Also ensure a good covering of the buttercream, really you should not be able to see the cake itself...