Posts by TheSugarLab

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I couldn't figure out which other forum to post in so here goes. I was just contacted by a customer who said:    "I am inquiring if it is possible to order extract free (especially without vanilla extract) cupcakes to be shipped. I am planning to ship tea and sweats to my sister-in-law, her two daughters and two granddaughters (7 and 9). I just found out that one of the young gals is sensitive to vanilla. Finding a treat...
Oh I have plenty of growing up left to do but thank you for the compliment. It has been ALOT of hard work, long hours, and missed fun times with friends or family. I have loved every most moments of the processes and I know there will be new challenges with a retail shop. I built a strong customer base and tested the idea of retail hours on Saturdays to see what the traffic would be like. I have also been VERY fortunate to have financial baking from my parents. They have...
If you've read previous threads and posts of mine, you may know that I've been in the process of trying to open a retail shop for several months now. We finally jumped through our last major hurdle with the city and today they finally approved our plans!! We're not doing too much major constructions but we are putting a walkway in between the kitchen and the retail space. It's actually two units owned by two different people so that makes things interesting. I'm beyond...
I really want to know what is "new and innovative" about the Mickey cake!    Like everyone else, I do get bummed out when I see famous bakers with copyrighted cakes. I get even more frustrated when I see CC promoting various themed cakes (like top Pixar Cakes) that are clearly made by professionals and not just hobbyists doing it for no money. But you just have to stick to your principals and decide what is worth it for you. To me, making a Mickey cake like Krazy Kool...
I typically throw in a 4 inch two layer cake when they spend $75+. It has to be in the same flavor as the larger cake. Today, I had a mother question the 4 in, saying it was too small and that she wanted a six inch. Oh and that the two layer was too small and that it should be taller than 2 inches. She ended up increasing the size of the big cake so I threw in the 6 in cake. She was one of those customers that couldn't make up her mind so I pretty much agreed to what she...
THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I was just looking at cake sides not tops so I missed it. Whoops! 
Hey everyone,    A bride is interested in the stenciling on this cake. I've been able to find the stencil that is on the first and third tier down from the top (it's a Fleur de Lis side) but I cannot find the stencil that is on the second and bottom tier. Need to find this ASAP as the cake is for Aug 24.    Thanks!   Ali
Hey folks,    I have two wedding coming up that are 4-tiered and 3-tired covered in SMBC. I have a few questions that I'm hoping y'all could answer. Is there an easy way to make a large amount of it? I have one 7qt mixer and two 6 qt mixers.  Can I freeze it? Generally how long does it last?    I've been able to do a quadruple batch in my 7 qt and a triple batch in my 6 qt, although that's the limit and it can get a bit messy. I would prefer to be able to...
Dealing with family is hard. It's pretty well known that I will make birthday cakes for my nieces and nephew. Dealing with my sister is the easiest-she even planned her daughter's first birthday and baptism around my wedding schedule so I wouldn't stress about a wedding cake and the party cake. One of my brothers once told me they needed a cake for his son's birthday. TOLD not asked. I was happy to do it but I was a bit peeved that it was told to me. His daughter's...
Dealing with family is hard. It's pretty well known that I will make birthday cakes for my nieces and nephew. Dealing with my sister is the easiest-she even planned her daughter's first birthday and baptism around my wedding schedule so I wouldn't stress about a wedding cake and the party cake. One of my brothers once told me they needed a cake for his son's birthday. TOLD not asked. I was happy to do it but I was a bit peeved that it was told to me. His daughter's...