Posts by TheSugarLab

I don't believe we have an actual marketing plan. I do know we have a business plan and I'm assuming that includes information on marketing but I would have to check with my mom. 
We did do a living social deal in April. I had a great experience with them and most of the people that purchased it were new customers. They have a place where customers can review their purchase. 97% were positive and 94% would return (I know one of the reviewers lived out of state so I'm assuming they were the one that was positive but wouldn't return). I believe at least half of the vouchers have been redeemed and they have until sometime in August to return. 
I have a store front that's open Tuesday-Saturday 11-6pm. Right now, we have cupcakes, decorated sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, flavored scratch-made marshmallows, and my mom's specialty white chocolate macadamia nut popcorn. Custom cakes and other mini desserts (like pies, macarons) are available by pre-order. A big issue that we're having is getting enough people in the door on a consistent basis. Some days we have plenty of customers and sell out of cupcakes,...
I agree with costumeczar! Part of my contract has a space for the photographers's contact information. I typically wait about a months after the wedding to contact the photographer and see if they got any good shots of the cake. They're usually nicer than the shots I took after set-up and they have the nice lighting, if applicable. Which reminds me… I need to email some photographers.    As for having a venue set-up…I don't think I would have a problem with someone else...
Agree with everyone else. I went to georgetown cupcakes in Los Angeles last year and it was perfectly calm. It was right after they opened in the morning. A few gals in the front to help customers and then three people in the kitchen working on piping cupcakes and their fondant toppers. It was pretty cool to look inside to see what they have. The kitchen was super clean! I can only imagine how early their staff gets in to bake. My staff gets in at 6:30 and many days we...
I remember thinking they were way too big! The closest one to me was about 45 away and most of my staff hadn't heard of them. I used to think you could only get away with just cupcakes if you were one of the "big guys", but I guess it doesn't always work out even for them. One of the main reasons I don't just sell cupcakes. People are asking for more than cupcakes. 
I have NEVER had any problems with deposits with square. I always get my deposits the next business day. The thing I don't like about paypal is that it goes into my "account" and I have to tell it to send it to my bank account. With square it automatically goes to my bank account. 
I use Square register and I love it! It's easy to use, deposits in my bank next business day, and they are constantly updating their products. I can even go on my computer to see how sales are doing that day, which is great when I'm not there (like today). I highly recommend it. 
I have had a few customers who say that they don't want fondant but then show me all fondant designs. Some of them would need to be done in fondant so if they are sitting down for a tasting (or even just standing at my shop's counter) I have no problem giving them a small sample of fondant. I always have it around since I use fondarific. Most are pleasantly surprised and end up going with fondant if their cake needs it.    Like everyone said, if you know the cake won't...
Hey guys,    I have a bride who is interested in a lace cake with the lace similar to this cake by Cotton and Crumbs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/39615881@N06/6481466041/in/faves-bakingdivaz/. I'm hoping to find a lace mold that is similar in style but I've never purchased one so I'm not sure where to begin. Anything close would be great!   Thanks!   Ali