Posts by KLCCrafts

Thanks for the info!
Can you give us more information on how to make one yourself, please?
http://www.amazon.com/Brachs-Candy-Corn-18-5-oz/dp/B000IDV120/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350160005&sr=8-2&keywords=candy+corn
Thanks for the clarification, icer101. I was so enamored by the taste/texture I didn't think about the stability issue for things other than cupcakes. For the record, here is what Jen says in the recipe post:"Finished CCSMBC is softer then regular but is great for topping cupcakes or using as a filling (damed with regular SMBC I do not put it on the outside of cakes or under fondant (except as a filling) because of the softness, I worry about my layers shifting."
You might want to try FromScratchSF's Cream Cheese Swiss Meringue Buttercream found here:http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-711181.htmlI made it for the first time this past weekend (also my first time making any type of Meringue Buttercream). My first thought upon tasting it was, "This is like eating ice cream" (except it's not cold!). It is very light and creamy and especially the regular Swiss Meringue flavored with vanilla extract tasted just like vanilla...
Put 1 T of vinegar in your measuring cup and add enough regular milk to equal 1 cup. This will make sour milk after standing for a few mintues. I have also heard you can use lemon juice instead of the vinegar.
You're situation is similar to mine -- I only recently started baking from scratch (after box mixes for family and friends for 10+ years) and I love it! Definitely learn the science behind why/how baking works. You can start at the library (search for science of baking type titles). As for developing your own recipes, that is a lofty goal which you might be ready for after a lot of experience, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with using another's recipe (even a...
Add a little bit of salt to cut the sweetness. Use popcorn salt (it's finely ground salt) or dissolve regular salt in a tiny bit of liquid to get it to incorporate fully.
Actually you'd want to INCREASE the fat content to get less crusting in your BC.
I'm new to modeling chocolate too and have been trying to get an answer on how it does in the heat and humidity. Does the above warning against summer use apply only to a 50/50 mix or also to straight modeling chocolate? Would it be a mistake to use modeling chocolate to make some small sculpted (free standing) tree trunks in moderate heat/humidity? TIA.