Posts by Roxy073087

Personally I find the RI much easier to pipe with, but that's because for piping its all about control, pressure and angles, with glaze or glacé or basically any form of icing that's more on the loose side just runs or spreads, so for piping detail work I like to stick with royal, and in the beginning before doing any detail work on my baked goods, I would do it a few times on a plate or like a water bottle to learn the angles I wanted good luck!! I hope you enjoy it as...
Soo wedding cake cookie favors, and again I used Geminis recipie, this recipie is great for flooding... Not detail work (IMO) I will try some of the other recipes, which I've been meaning to for some time, but everything I do I can't quite experiment lol as you can see covers very nice, and it was done with spatulas forget the piping bags and tips for this step at least... after I've tried so many things, and I have to say none were bad, they all looked pretty but...
So I tried Geminis recipie and it's fantastic, only thing I did was I changed the flavoring, in stead of extracts, I used flavoring syrup like davinci and torani. it does dry to stack, and bag, but I don't quite find it pipable. But to cover cookies it's exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much, I'll post pictures of the finished product, I used it on cookies for a trial run for my wedding favors, sorry to say finished product is about 2 weeks away, maybe a week and...
Thanks for all the great recipes! I'm going to work on some cookies this weekend just in time to try and find a favorite for Mother's Day! I'm hoping to upload photos of all the different icings so we can see how they hold up, as a base, and for decorating! Fingers crossed for my new favorite!
Thanks! That sounds wonderful! I've used RI with the merengue powder, but never thought to add both corn syrup and glycerin! What a great idea, I can wait to try it.   Ashleigh
I wanted to start a new thread to dedicate to all our favorite cookie frostings, icings, glazes, ect.   Personally I love to bake and decorate, and must say have dabbled in quite a few different icing recipes.  From RI with egg whites, RI with merengue powder, piped buttercream, a royal glaze, and so on and so on, I've used glycerin, and corn syrup, but have yet to find my perfect icing. I don't quite have an issue with using the different types, dried consistency is...
http://cakecentral.com/a/alices-cookie-icing   Royal butter cream hybrid Alice cookie icing
I use goo be gone it works wonders then wash with soap and water
That is cool thanks!
@ Annie thanks for the reply, so sorry, I meant layered. I am licensed from home (recently lol) and I never really took pictures unfortunately, all I have are what a few family members took, and am kicking myself. I'm just looking for a base price, because it depends on how I decorate it, I have a 3 different ideas a base, a more complex, and an elaborate. And of course all three would be priced accordingly, I just don't know what a base price should be. What do people...